My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D55535BF-AC44-4A08-BACF-D8075D06092C.jpeg

Simon Maillet 135cr3 & wrought iron with yellow pepper patina.

Question for those following, how often do you have to use Bar Keeper's Friend or something similar to remove rust? I find that my Fujiyama gets a bit rusty after each use even if I'm wiping it every onion I go through.

Question for those following, how often do you have to use Bar Keeper's Friend or something similar to remove rust? I find that my Fujiyama gets a bit rusty after each use even if I'm wiping it every onion I go through.

I grind up a bit of soft stone and use a felt pad with a little bit of water or tsubaki oil.

You just made me want a HSC right there
I have 3 HSC knives and I can’t say enough great things about them. Harbeer always hits the sweet spot on heat treatment, fit finish, material selection, etc where you end up with a top performing knife at a great price. My favorite is a 230 mm magnacut gyuto I recently purchased from him

No disrespect, but there’s no way it’s rusting if you’re wiping it as much as you claim.

Edit: are you rinsing the knife when you’re finished and wiping it dry? Or are you cutting onions and just wiping?

Last edited:
Smedja Aspen 26c3 honyaki mirroring the white skies. Polished off some of the higher patina, which wasnt really blue, just kind a like a film of light yellow. Went a bit too low on one side. But still, never seen patina like this on my other knives. Maybe it's the mirror polish and steel.

Attachments

• 20211003_171325.jpg
    20211003_171325.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211003_171303.jpg
    20211003_171303.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 24
Back