My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyuzo

20211006_180401.jpg

Possibly some residual polishing wax on blade? Did you wash it before use?

I didn’t wash it the first time, but I did wash it after that and used it for slicing some raw meat after and it didn’t seem to make a difference. Certainly not complaining, knife cuts wonderfully and I love how unique it looks. It just looks… crystalline almost.

I didn’t wash it the first time, but I did wash it after that and used it for slicing some raw meat after and it didn’t seem to make a difference. Certainly not complaining, knife cuts wonderfully and I love how unique it looks. It just looks… crystalline almost.
Cool :) yea it looks normal to my eyes it will even out with time. Here's my cleaver.

It is KMS forum gyuto, mono 1.2562. It is surprisingly very good.
Figures; that knife is haunting me. Wished I had been reading KMS back then; it's one of those knives that hits my buttons every time I see one even when I don't know what it is.

Figures; that knife is haunting me. Wished I had been reading KMS back then; it's one of those knives that hits my buttons every time I see one even when I don't know what it is.
It's weird, because from the specs I wouldn't think I would like it, but somehow it works very well in use. One of the knives that made me reconsider my preferences and made me realize that unfortunately all the measurements that we like to talk about still don't tell you everything until you actually use a knife.

It is also visually pleasing to me for some reason🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Back