My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is by far my favorite thread on the site. So many pretty blades and unique patinas to marvel.

mtpatina1.jpg

wow - this one looks like it was left at a crime scene!

😬🤣😜

I don’t own enough j-knives to even know what the price point of a cleaver from there would be… but can’t help but think it must be cheaper than oatley lol
How much was the Oatley cleaver?

How much was the Oatley cleaver?
If I ever sell it, I’ll be happy to post the original sale price. Or via DM, if you’d like. Seems a little taboo otherwise. I just googled “Sakai cleavers” when the original comment was posted and was met with a lot of the under $100 beater cleavers. So I could be way off base, but that’s what I was using as a reference.

If I ever sell it, I’ll be happy to post the original sale price. Or via DM, if you’d like. Seems a little taboo otherwise. I just googled “Sakai cleavers” when the original comment was posted and was met with a lot of the under $100 beater cleavers. So I could be way off base, but that’s what I was using as a reference.
Understand, no worries… to give a different perspective. If we are including chukas, which would basically be anything Sakai. The migoto blue I got was $773 without shipping and the heji ss cleaver( I know not Sakai but still Japanese Chuka) I used to have was originally listed at $1000, I got it on a good sale price. So they are definitely not usually $100. There are others that are cheaper but still way more than $100, usually.

Understand, no worries… to give a different perspective. If we are including chukas, which would basically be anything Sakai. The migoto blue I got was $773 without shipping and the heji ss cleaver( I know not Sakai but still Japanese Chuka) I used to have was originally listed at $1000, I got it on a good sale price. So they are definitely not usually $100. There are others that are cheaper but still way more than $100, usually.
Yeah I know absolute diddly about Japanese knives and makers 😅 nice cleavers are a rarity no matter what though

On the subject of nice cleavers being a rarity, I seem to recall someone saying they were going to post their rectangle collection and never did…
Yeah, I think I remember someone saying something about that. 🤔, when I remember who it is I’m going to bust him out.

Back