My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably not coming back up from its month long break the same as it is now:

PXL_20230226_155054205.jpg
PXL_20230226_155124520.jpg

I took a punt on the new Hatsukokoro Yoake line a few weeks ago, and have been really impressed despite the slightly ‘wabi sabi’ f+f.

This is after christening with a massive Côte de boeuf for a friend’s birthday.

E758100A-BD8B-4C56-96D2-73D6A64B0F2B.jpeg

I took a punt on the new Hatsukokoro Yoake line a few weeks ago, and have been really impressed despite the slightly ‘wabi sabi’ f+f.

This is after christening with a massive Côte de boeuf for a friend’s birthday.

View attachment 228912
Love my Yoake Kurouchi. I want the migaki and put a nice patina on it.

Attachments

• 9C116444-E0A6-4350-84B7-A472072B7527.jpeg
    9C116444-E0A6-4350-84B7-A472072B7527.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Love my Yoake Kurouchi. I want the migaki and put a nice patina on it.
The kurouchi versions don’t speak to me, but that patina is awesome, and I love the handle on yours too! There’s a migaki that went up on B/S/T earlier today for a great price… sorry for enabling the habit 😊

The kurouchi versions don’t speak to me, but that patina is awesome, and I love the handle on yours too! There’s a migaki that went up on B/S/T earlier today for a great price… sorry for enabling the habit 😊
I was about to buy from HomeButcher but for some odd reasons they dont accept paypal for payment anymore.

I hope there's a Merion in my future. Nice blade KDSD!
This is the Pa Merion for the KMS Forum. But after a few test cuts I immediately ordered a custom from Dominik. He already got handle material ;) I just wanted a different profile and his classic western handle ;)

Can't seem to capture the blue very well in pics. I can see it nice with my eyes and when I take the pics, but then it doesn't show well in the pics.

View attachment 231026View attachment 231027
Try taking the pics in indirect natural light next time, I find that helps highlight the blues and pinks a lot better in photos; north facing windows this time of year during the day are pretty reliable for it.

Back