my In-Laws are coming to stay for a bit. GAME TIME!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i love my inlaws. i am one of the lucky ones. my wife didnt score so high in the inlaws dept. (sorry Honey!)

they are here from Taipei, and staying about a week. maybe 10 days. i gotta cook and i am damn excited about it. they told me they are much older now, and enjoy simple foods. i hear that, and i think Congee, potstickers, wontons, etc. right now, they are staying with my BIL.

my FIL doesnt eat beef, so there is that. but i love cooking for them. do a bunch of stir fries, steamed "water eggs", i'll rock some hand cut noodles.

time to earn my keep. hahah.. in Taiwanese they have a word. "shawl, shung" or something. roughly translated, it means something like., "respectful treatment of our elders". maybe a Taiwanese person can clear it up for me. but that is what my wife told me.

game time.! this i going to be fun!! and this time we have hired a housecleaner which = less work for me, at least the unfun work. then we are taking them on a cruise to AK. i am not a fan of cruises, but this one isnt about me.

today, i am working from home. i'll be stuffing wontons while on my online meetings. "Boom, can you turn on your camera?"

"nope, i'm not wearing any pants" (plus i cant touch the keyboard with my porky fingers)

My brain runs in a different direction. Things like 'make a big pot of sauce' and 'grab a pork shoulder/ butt and roast it so there is always a pile of food available.

The main thing though is to please do not stop at any stoplights if you are driving them around 😄

My in laws are in town for a week. They are from Iowa, so not so adventurous. I usually do family style stuff. Memorial Day was typical American holiday food, grilled wings, dogs, baked beans, chili, Mac, and salad. Tuesday was a pork carnitas taco bar. Last night was a bibimbap spread. Tonight chicken Marsala.

Back