My knives, Markin Andrei.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two gyuto that I made for a long time, the one from Damascus lay for several years on the shelf, I could not think of a handle for it. Sometimes it happens, I call it "the blade must mature" 🙂.

A carbon Damascus knife has a low "classic" hardness of 59HRC and will work great with musat. The handle is a combination of stabilized Karelian birch and stabilized burl maple, bolster brass.
The second gyuto is made of stainless steel sanmai with a central layer of steel K390 64HRC + cruo, bolster stainless Damascus + Bokote.

Last edited:
Stunning....I want one of those peelers...are those knives already spoken for?

Is that textolite by any chance similar to Celleron, as in some phenolic resin reinforced with cotton cloth?

If I’m not mistaken, all this material is made on the basis of pharmaldegid resins, but in order for this resin to begin to separate, you need to heat the textolit to a temperature of 300+ degrees. I think it is no more dangerous than carbon, micarta, acrylic, especially during processing.
In any case, this is the customer’s desire.

Back