My knives, Markin Andrei.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Andrei and I from Russia.
Greetings to all who have come to my topic, here I want to show some of my works, and I hope you will be interested to see them. My knives can and should even be criticized:). This increases my skill level ;)
This is my last job, which for me was very interesting.
Blade - 230/75 / 3.5mm. Stainless steel sanmai with vanadis10 64HRC center layer
The hilt is stabilized Karelian birch and horn of a buffalo, saya Lao polysander, pin is also made of the horn of water buffalo.

Compared with my standard nakiri, dlabe 190/55 / 3mm.

What kind of grind is that? Is the blade a lefty?
What’s with the over grind exposing the core in the middle top?

Last edited:
S- grind.
This is a right handed knife.
Because of the S-shaped geometry of the blade, the central layer was exposed. But the best geometry of the blade can be seen in the photo from the side of the heel of the knife. Today I will make a video of how this blade works.

I see. I have no experience with grinding an S-grind and haven’t ever used one before.

Wish I could offer more feedback besides that it looks good. Maybe someone has more experience with those kind of grinds.

Thank.
It is difficult to draw any conclusions from the photo and vedio; I’ve cut this knife for the first time in the video; for me it’s not the usual blade size.

Is that a carrot in the video!? What a beast!

Knife looks awesome too.

I have a few of Andrei's knives and his grinds are excellent. He also works with a lot of interesting steels, for those of us that are adventurous with steels. Would love to try vanadis 10, 8 and that class of steels.

Andrei is also great to work with.

Wow, that is one thin tip! Did you laminate it yourself or have you been so lucky to find a source for laminated stainless besides vg10?

Love it! How much does it weigh? Curious what type steel you use when not stainless?

Last edited:
Vanadis 10 is not stainless, just the cladding is stainless. Andrei will tell you himself, I am sure, but he uses many different steels. I have his m390, T1 core with stainless cladding, cronidur 30 (also known as LC200N). I've also seen him use niolox, 52100 equivalent, 440c equivelent, REX-121 core with stainless cladding, D6 equivalent core, etc

I have the same steels (from Andrei) in addition to P9 high speed steel which I just received. Have been anything but disappointed!

P9/R9 looks interesting from the composition stand point. Half the tungsten of T1/R18 and twice the vanadium, probably a more balanced composition for a gyuto, should be tougher. How hard is it?

P9/R9 looks interesting from the composition stand point. Half the tungsten of T1/R18 and twice the vanadium, probably a more balanced composition for a gyuto, should be tougher. How hard is it?
61. Was really intrigued by "high speed" as in comparison to "Jin"

Beautiful work! I like how the core starts to expose in the hollow. Kinda diggin it.

Jay

Andrei is great to work with. I have a couple of his blades and love them. Shipping from Russia can be a pain sometimes. ;);)

With postal services of different countries, different unpleasant situations happen, but from my experience, mail of countries
Europe works best of all.

That nakiri is a hell of a cutter!
Ps. That gotta be the biggest carrot I've seen in my life wft

Let me share another of my work :)
Both of these knives are made for the customer in the same style. Nakiri has a long blade of Niolox 200mm. And S is the inverse geometry of the blade.
Gyuto is made of CPM-S110V steel, and has asymmetric convex geometry. Blade length 220mm.
The arms are made of stainless damascus and stabilized burl walnut.
Enjoy your photo viewing:).

Last edited:
Let me share another of my work :)
Both of these knives are made for the customer in the same style. Nakiri has a long blade of Niolox 200mm. And S is the inverse geometry of the blade.
Gyuto is made of CPM-S110V steel, and has asymmetric convex geometry. Blade length 220mm.
The arms are made of stainless damascus and stabilized burl walnut.
Enjoy your photo viewing:).

That is really really beautiful knives! And handles, that burl sure is a looker.

Mind me asking the length and price-range?

I know prices vary with location etc. But just a hint of what your work costs would be great.

Thank you very much :), the price of knives, as you have already noticed, can vary greatly several times, especially when it comes to unique materials. The average price of typical knives is usually $ 300-500.

I will add another interesting work, the customer wanted caidao but he does not like the classic look of this knife. As a result, such a knife was born
Blade - 200 \ 75 \ 3mm. Stainless Sanmai
with a central layer of K390
The handle is a bolster cupronickel and a stabilized burl of amboy 140mm. long.

Back