My knives, Markin Andrei.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased one of your knives with a similar construction from BST that is a 230mm with 60mm heel height in the 52100 equivalent and what I believe is a blackwood handle. I paid more than this price, which I though was a stupid good deal for it. If these are starting at $240.00, this is in my opinion one of the best deals I've seen on a knife.

Last edited:
Just scored the 2nd from the bottom. Crazy good pricing on these for monosteels. Thanks Andrei, looking forward to trying my first knife in 52100!

andrei.jpg

Just scored the 2nd from the bottom. Crazy good pricing on these for monosteels. Thanks Andrei, looking forward to trying my first knife in 52100!

View attachment 164842
The profile on that one and the one above it caught my eye. Take that bad boy to a nice piece of tuna or a side of beef for the awesome blue and purple start to the patina. Hope you enjoy it!

Thank you all for your enthusiastic participation, but all
budget gyuto have already been sold. I confess I did not think that it would cause such a lively interest. If anyone has any questions I will gladly answer them.
Instagram @matk38
whatsapp +7951557twenty66

Are differences versus your regular knives cosmetic only - bolster, handles and overall level of finish? Is it fair to assume cutting performance will be the same as your regular knives, or are there differences with the grind?

There are slight differences, the cutting edge is slightly thicker than usual. Also on these knives are the usual symmetrical convex, custom-made knives are usually made for right-handed or left-handed people and there is a slightly different geometry. The finish is also rougher, but this does not apply to the spine or rounded heel, even a budget option should be comfortable!

Your work is always so clean :cool:

Everything you post is a pleasure to look at, regardless whether I like the blade profile, handle shape and material or not, it always oozes craftsmanship!

It looks great Andrei.

I take the chance to really vouch Andrei's work. I have received a Gyuto in 52100 steel and a small parer in M390 steel.

Firstly, Andrei is a very easy person to work with and very professional. Timelines were more than accomplished and shipping was fine with no issues at all.

Specs -

Gyuto:

220mm lenght
49/50mm at heel
186Gr

Parer - 90mm lenght

First impressions - Please note I am just a simple homecook :)

Both knives are very well made and F&F is very high level. Handles are beautiful and smooth ( not a surprise ). A true joy to look at and feel.
Blade is aesthetically beautiful. Color and the scratches are just unique and gorgeous. Steel feels really smooth and balance point is near the mosquito. Sharpness OOTB is one of the best I have experienced probably on par with Kamon. I cannot compare with the Kipp as it was bought second hand.

Now, with over 2 months of use I can say that Andrei's gyuto sits there with the best performers I have ( ex. Kipp, Kamon, Spare or Toyama ). I am surprised. I mean, I was expecting something good but it exceeded by far my expectations performance wise. I find myself grabbing the Gyuto very often. It just works so good with everything ( slicing, chopping, rocking ). Perfect balance, feel in hand and top performance. Food release is also above average.

Paring knife is very good for what it is meant to be. Feels very comfortable on hand and has no sharp corners.

Can't tell about sharpening because it is still ultra sharp. Will comment on that once the time comes

Very happy with Andrei's knives and all the process since day 1. Would definitely buy again and can only praise Andrei's work. These will stay with me!

You can see some photos ( very poor ones ) on the "Knew knife" thread if interested.

As a side note, I only hope that Andrei's work doesn't get much affected due to the current situation.

Thank you, Andrei.

Last edited:
Paring knife is very good for what it is meant to be. Feels very comfortable on hand and has no sharp corners.
Thank you for the detailed review, feedback is very important to me, it is the feedback from the users of my knives that help me improve my knives.
I forgot to mention that a paring knife (2000grit) is worse sharpened than a gyuto (8000-10000grit), this is done intentionally, because when peeling vegetables and other fine work with a knife, the thumb often touches the cutting edge and is easily injured in this way.

Thank you for the detailed review, feedback is very important to me, it is the feedback from the users of my knives that help me improve my knives.
I forgot to mention that a paring knife (2000grit) is worse sharpened than a gyuto (8000-10000grit), this is done intentionally, because when peeling vegetables and other fine work with a knife, the thumb often touches the cutting edge and is easily injured in this way.
Andrei hope your doing well .I am not giving up on you . Looking forward to your knives. Have you figured any other possible way to recieve Payment Other than PayPal
Thanks Randy

Back