my knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is 47mm height standard for yo handled Shigs? That makes me very sad if this is the case...

Probably varying a bit, a kasumi one I used to have was 54, and my current kitaeji one is 53.

Is 47mm height standard for yo handled Shigs? That makes me very sad if this is the case...

I was surprised(47mm) when I received it, I wrote on japan-tool (there I did the order), was the answer:
"But one thing about the blade height, it seems it is inevitable that they have a bit of variance. Their Yanagis for eg between the same length, there are occasionally as high as 40mm, some only 32mm .... And when they deliver, they do not say anything, so that means that they consider that much difference as regular variation "

Who made the KU cleaver?

"ZENSHO/YOSHIKANE" bone chopper. "ZENSHO" is Maksim(JNS) house brand; made by Mr. Tsuneo Yoshida(YOSHIKANE). I've three "ZENSHO/YOSHIKANE" knives & two "YOSHIKANE". IMO, "ZENSHO/YOSHIKANE" are much better quality/perforance than "YOSHIKANE" brand.

Latest posts

Back