Anton's Knife Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite the functional bunch here; 2 sanmai and two AEB-l

One is on its way to a new home
IMG_1519944388.607460.jpgIMG_1519944401.845364.jpgIMG_1519944416.235499.jpg

Wrestled a saltie for this one, quite the knife, exceeding expectations. At first I was skeptical of the choil but it actually works quite well once I get the right pinch grip. The FF is spectacular.

IMG_9853.jpg

Marko Chevron Damascus
250MM; 50MM height at heel
Steel by Devin Thomas’s son, John Thomas. Composed of 52100 and 15N20. HT and ground by Marko
Spine 2.6MM at heel; .3mm at tip
After several hour of use I love this thing
Handle by Marko; Koa, blackwood and mokume guard
Fitted Koa saya
attachment.php

can you tell me more about this one?
it looks like what i am asking marko to make for me. except in plain steel and slightly thicker spine.

Hey Anton, I am missing a certain Xerxes here :) Haven't you kept it?

Cheers, Mathias

My quest to rightsize collection
Have rid myself of a good bit including most my Kato and Shigs - miss a bunch of them, but sorta maybe settling happily here, these are the gyutos with some that are out for one reason or another, missing from pic: are a few Denka, Don Nguyen, Tanaka tsubaya blue, Toyama, Akebono, Gesshin Kagekijo (big fav!) and some that are still with makers, waitlist. Pettys and sujis not included in this pic

These represent some of my best performers to date with 3-4 favorites for different reasons

LRG_DSC00513.jpg

Last edited:
Have rid myself of a good bit including most my Kato and Shigs - miss a bunch of them, but sorta maybe settling happily here, these are the gyutos with some that are out for one reason or another, missing from pic: are a few Denka, Don Nguyen, Tanaka tsubaya blue, Toyama, Akebono, Gesshin Kagekijo (big fav!) and some that are still with makers, waitlist. Pettys and sujis not included in this pic

These represent some of my best performers to date with 3-4 favorites for different reasons

View attachment 43370
Nice spread Antonio

That Ashi is smokin and of course I love the Miz honyaki!

View attachment 43370

I apologize for my ignorance, but could you name the knives in the photo?

L-R: Martell O1, DT Mystery, Mizuno custom 270 blue, Mizuni Sumingashi blue 1, Mizuno honyaki, Ashi honyaki, CJA honyaki, takeda, Watanabe pro, Burke San mai integral, Rader integral W2, Ikeda Sumingashi blue 1, Xerxes, Misono dragon, Carter, Raquin

Hi Anton - amazing grouping (as always) ... that handle on the Carter looks interesting - thoughts on it? Is it sized like a typical Harner or a bit smaller?

It’s a fairly special handle, made by the late Fish n Poi, original rehandle king; G Crowton RIP.

He somewhat kicked off the rehandle madness 7-10 years ago or so. The saya, no in pic also inspired many makers.

Quite unfortunately a lot of the pictures of his work disappeared with the pic hosting site snafu early this year and the original KF forum dying

View attachment 43370

Send me that ashi for the brooksie treatment.

You’ve got good taste in profiles!

May I ask how is the Mizuno suminagashi performed? Been thinking about getting one.
The steel on stones and board is prob top 3 ever for me, wicked

As a whole package it’s probably in my top 5,profile is not for everyone tho

There are a handful of YouTube videos you can look up

Last edited:
The steel on stones and board is prob top 3 ever for me, wicked

As a whole package it’s probably in my top 5,profile is not for everyone tho

There are a handful of YouTube videos you can look up

Thank you for the info. I read plenty of positive review on this knife.

What is the issue with this knife that sets it out of your top three in terms of the whole package?

Love those kippingtons !

OK, now ... How bout a distal taper shot :)

Back