My new Boardsmith boards

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm11

Reaction score
I wanted to take a minute to post about what a positive experience working with John Loftis was on my recent board order. I owned a really nice Proteak board but due to what I've read about teak having a high silica content, I decided I wanted to upgrade to a more knife friendly material. My wife and I discussed it, and we both decided that the aesthetics of John's walnut boards were nice enough to permanently occupy our prep station as a usable piece of kitchen furniture.

I had a lot of questions about suggestions/etc and John was always very accommodating and patient. After the order was placed his follow up was excellent, and the time frame frame from order to shipping was very reasonable for a custom piece.

We also got a Baby Board from John as an accessory, and they make a nice matching pair. My picture doesn't do them justice, in person they are simply stunning. The Proteak board I replaced was nice, but these are so much nicer that they can't even be compared. I highly recommend anyone considering investing in a quality board to go with the Boardsmith!

WALNUTBOARDS.jpg

Lovely figure in the Walnut. Congrats on your new additions. Those look stunning.

Nice dark coloured ;).

I just had mine last week. Came quite fast to EU. Excellent service and fast mail replying. I haven’t put them in use yet(still figuring the kitchen layout, small kitchen and need to think that everything finds its place and is functional). The finish is top notch, I couldnt be more happy :cool:
upload_2019-9-8_9-16-41.jpeg

upload_2019-9-8_9-16-41.jpeg

I wanted to take a minute to post about what a positive experience working with John Loftis was on my recent board order. I owned a really nice Proteak board but due to what I've read about teak having a high silica content, I decided I wanted to upgrade to a more knife friendly material. My wife and I discussed it, and we both decided that the aesthetics of John's walnut boards were nice enough to permanently occupy our prep station as a usable piece of kitchen furniture.

I had a lot of questions about suggestions/etc and John was always very accommodating and patient. After the order was placed his follow up was excellent, and the time frame frame from order to shipping was very reasonable for a custom piece.

We also got a Baby Board from John as an accessory, and they make a nice matching pair. My picture doesn't do them justice, in person they are simply stunning. The Proteak board I replaced was nice, but these are so much nicer that they can't even be compared. I highly recommend anyone considering investing in a quality board to go with the Boardsmith!

View attachment 60621
You did good!

Thanks all! We are loving them.
Nice dark coloured ;).

I just had mine last week. Came quite fast to EU. Excellent service and fast mail replying. I haven’t put them in use yet(still figuring the kitchen layout, small kitchen and need to think that everything finds its place and is functional). The finish is top notch, I couldnt be more happy :cool:
Beautiful, enjoy!

I wish there was a way to acquire these in Israel without paying a crazy shipping price.
They just look like perfect boards in any way possible.

I have mine for 5 years now (i think) and they are still amazing. My city is really dry, so i made sure it had its regular mineral oil baths. Besides that, no problem at all. No warping or low spots. Thanks Boardsmith for a great product!

Back