Quantcast

My new knife decision

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Andreas

Reaction score
I am calling Jon in the morning and asking him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS. Any options or suggestions. Thank you

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
My suggested option:
Call Jon in the morning and ask him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS.

JohnyChai

Reaction score
The availability of that knife is: in stock!

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My suggested option:
Call Jon in the morning and ask him about the Zakuri 240 gyuto AS.
LOL. That's funny Eamon, really funny. Jon WILL hook you up Andreas. The stars are in line -- in the morning that is.

k.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice for a heftier, carbon steel knife, imo. I was very surprised to find how well these knives cut, esp. considering their thickness at the spine.:thumbsup:

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Now I want one. Thanks guys.

k.

labor of love

Reaction score
im surprised there isnt more discussion about zakuris actually. they look so awesome, the taper, the handles, the steel. the kurouchi ones are actually cheaper than most AS steel knives that ive seen. the only reason i havent picked up one yet is i just havent really heard any kind of feedback from the forums. when that kurouchi 240mm is restocked im definitely picking one up!

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with the Aogami...it's good stuff....let us know what you think after you get it.

schanop

Reaction score
You probably will be in love with that Zakuri 240mm AS in migaki finish. I love my blue #1, 240 in kurouchi finish. Over time, I the finish has come off as a result of me not being able to hold my hand steady while polishing the bevel, so the finish has been stripped off as in here.