Quantcast

My New Opinel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is a joke. I got this tiny little Opinel in France last year and just found it. Here are some pictures of my awesome little Opinel.

The specs are:

Blade Length: 34.4 mm
Blade Height at heal: 8.64 mm
Handle Length: 35.65 mm
Total Length: 80.45 mm
Blade Thickness at heal: .8 mm
Blade Thickness at tip: .46 mm
Steel: 12c27 Sandvik (I think)

F&F is fine, handle looks like walnut.

k.

opinel2.jpg

opinel3.jpg

opinel1.jpg

jason

Banned
Reaction score
It's tiny! How did you lose it for a year? Where was it when you found it? Still in it's package or?

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter found it gift wrapped and tucked in a desk drawer. I forgot I even had it.

k.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice little knife. I used mine for about a week, and switched back to a SAK for everyday carry purposes. They're still cool little knives, though!

tgraypots

Reaction score
I've been using Opinel's off and on for the last (almost) 35 years. When my dad passed away I found one I had given him in 1978. I keep one (#8) in my pocket all the time.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to use mine more. This tiny keychain one (No. 2) is just a curiosity piece, but I have a carbon No. 10 also, but I have rarely used it.

k.

Seb

Reaction score
Haha... I have one of those! Trouble is, I can't remember where the hell I left it. But I carry my No.8 in my pack.

evanjohnson

Reaction score
Can I borrow your daughter to find my knife? I know I purchased (about 1 year ago) a Spyderco Caly3 in ZPD189 and can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Justin0505

Reaction score
Can I borrow your daughter to find my knife? I know I purchased (about 1 year ago) a Spyderco Caly3 in ZPD189 and can't find the damn thing anywhere.
Ha! I've got the same knife and have had the same problem! It's a sweet little blade: I think one of the all-time greats when it comes to medium duty, "gentlemanly" EDC's. Only problem is that it's so light and slim and hides in a pocket so well that it's really easy to lose in a pile of dirty clothes or, in my case, a pair of dress pants that I wore once and then hung back up with the knife still in em.