my new Shigefusa Gyuto 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir

Reaction score
Thanks to Mark got the blade Shigefusa
In Ukraine, the handle did, and now it's my favorite knife
handle, ebony+cocobolo buffalo horn ( front and rear)
show-image.php

show-image.php

show-image.php

show-image.php

show-image.php

I've found it easiest to right-click the photos, and select "copy image url" and then come to KKF, click the "insert image" button and put the url in the popup box. You can also just paste the url and put the IMG tags around it, but the button just does that for you.

Like this:
fd3560684d41a98686e06d7bf2d7744e.JPG

86b02983284274bb8465d5c05aaddd95.jpg

86c3348da83885e43f2ea50ab2ee195f.jpg

show-image.php

473255f2d9bb21e3a7c891c9a741c053.jpg

Great knife, BTW! I wish I had one.

Very nice! The handle also looks great. I like the two together, a lot!

The handle looks great and of course, then knife looks great.

M

johndoughy thanks for the photo.
Marko You're right handle looks is powerfully , but very comfortable despite the fact that the shorter standard.
Thank you once again for the blade :)

thats a beaut!!!

the handle makes the knife look bigger than 240mm.

congratulations sir as you will enjoy this one for some time!!!

What is the length of the handle? From the picture it seems a bit on the stubby side.

Beautiful blade and handle, thats a very cool handle design

The original handle is 150mm or 6.82in. The dimension, especially when held using the standard grip with the index finger resting just above the heel, produces a balancing torque that is dynamically reassuring and visually satisfying. In push-cutting, the grip simply guides the line connecting the tip and the end of the handle. When the push is completed, the cut is done.

A denser custom material would necessitate a shorter handle to achieve the same balance when the knife is at rest. When the knife is in motion, however, the shorter, denser handle will create a different rotational inertia, giving the knife a different dynamic feel when it is used. It will become a custom knife indeed.

Shigafusa kitaeji's are as intriguing as they are wonderful. There is a great deal of thought that went into its production, and there is a great deal to learn from.

...produces a balancing torque that is dynamically reassuring ...
Okay, I'll admit you lost me here. The sum of the moments above the heel = 0. So it's 'balanced'. But I'm lost on the 'dynamically reassuring'. :scratchhead:

Guess I need to go dig out some of my old ESM textbooks. Might be hard overcoming the intertia of them being packed away for the last 25 years, though :cool2:

Back