my wife reinvented, "pork and beans"..

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
Van de Camp pork and beans.

i had a ham bone in the freezer. i also had a pound of some white bean from peru (i think). my wife wanted to cook up a pot of beans so she asked me for instructions. the lady can create carbon on a stove top, so i definately suggest the cast iron in the 300 deg oven method. i gave her a quick list of ingredients, and steps..and i ran out to work.

my wife is like a mad scientist in the kitchen. no rules apply..she just adds things. quite scary sometimes. :)

i came home and opened the door..tentatively. the smell hit me. wow!! it smelled awesome! i took a peek. the beans were the same color as the canned pork and beans..she followed my instructions and took the meat off the bone, chopped it up..and put it back in. tasted it..FANTASTIC!! not as sweet as the canned version..smokey ham,porky goodness..

i asked.."how did you make this? did you take notes?"

"i dont know..i was just adding things"

i'm not sure i can reverse engineer this. haha. it was very good. we ate it spooned over rice. my wife cracks me up.

Sounds great:)
My wife is much the same, albeit slightly less successful most of the time...
Anyways, I love the effort regardless of result:)

Sounds like a good meal!

Van de Camp... Dutch heritage there?

I'm jealous. My wife tried to create a pizza that is fully raw organic foods, not against the idea, but it was I edible. Let pizza be pizza. And last night was a pumpkin tinged bowl of salt.

Back