My wife wants to make me a gift

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexec

Reaction score
So my wife decided it is the time to gift me a knife. So i am supposed to forget some tabs with knives i like and she will pick the one she likes most! Only rule is that it has to be BUNKA or K-Tip( she will not realise that is not Bunka).
So what experience have you got on Bunkas?
Which Bunkas or KTip knives would you suggest ?

Agree with the above. Kagekiyo k-tip should be an awesome choice.

Without having an idea what you are looking for my choices in moderate price range are.

Masakage Yuki Bunka 170mm
Good Value for the money

Shibata Kotetsu R2 Bunka 175mm
These are really thin, so you might want to take that in consideration.

Syousin Chiku KU Bunka 165mm
It's made by Kurosaki and its Aogami Super clad in stainless steel.
It's a Knives and Stones exclusive. This would be my personal choice of the 3

http://www.knivesandstones.com/syou...-aogami-super-stainless-cladding-by-kurosaki/

I would was going to recommend a Kochi K-Tip gyuto but it appears most of them are out of stock at Japanese Knife Imports. The would be my choice above all the other options.

Without having an idea what you are looking for my choices in moderate price range are.

Masakage Yuki Bunka 170mm
Good Value for the money

Shibata Kotetsu R2 Bunka 175mm
These are really thin, so you might want to take that in consideration.

Syousin Chiku KU Bunka 165mm
It's made by Kurosaki and its Aogami Super clad in stainless steel.
It's a Knives and Stones exclusive. This would be my personal choice of the 3

http://www.knivesandstones.com/syou...-aogami-super-stainless-cladding-by-kurosaki/

I would was going to recommend a Kochi K-Tip gyuto but it appears most of them are out of stock at Japanese Knife Imports. The would be my choice above all the other options.
I have some knives of the series, id rather get something "new#. Thanks!

First time someone points at makoto! Whats your impressions?

I have two makotos, white Damascus and SG2. I highly recommend googling for them. Repetitively thin behind the edge, but no toy. If you google for it, you will find more info. Gotta run.

I have a Makoto Shirogami 2, not the Damascus, and love it. It is a great performer at an exceptional price. This knife smacks down knives at twice it's price.

Back