Mystery stone: can anyone identify this by the picture?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drayquan

Reaction score
CqhdH3B
YTAYXgU.jpg

Fptvnxw.jpg

So obviously the top light/pale blue stone. This is a friend's stone he got a few years back, I'm curious if anyone knows what brand this is. Its got a higher polish than the chosera 3k (sitting below it), I'm guessing its between 4k-5k, a king 6k gives a higher polish than this mystery stone.

to narrow it down, i do not think that it is a natural stone; so even all round..

from picture it look greyish but you mentioned that it is light pale blue. Now to narrow down which Synthetic stone is light blue.....

unfortunately, alot of makers use colors for their stones

Naniwa.. Light blue color super stone 5K grit, THis gives a bright misty polish .Chosera series 10k grit... shine andn polish abt the same as the 5k super stone

suehiro 5 K light grey

Hope this helps

I don't know.I have two Aizus and neither look like that stone.Ain't no Rika 5k either. Gizz,I ain't much help either.

I don't know.I have two Aizus and neither look like that stone.Ain't no Rika 5k either. Gizz,I ain't much help either.

Yeah now that I look more closely I might lean toward agreeing with the other two members. Is the pinkish-red block attached to the blue stone or are they just stacked?

If its synthetic chances are you wont't figure it out unless you or someone you know can read the writing on the side.

Last edited:
It looks to be sitting on a synth. My head keeps saying Aizu, sealed with marine laquer or the like. Would be good to see underneath...

Or some slurry/finish photos. I mean the difference between a natural and a synth in feel is unmistakable.
The mottling and colors on the surface is what first made me think Aizu without looking to closely.

So obviously the top light/pale blue stone. This is a friend's stone he got a few years back, I'm curious if anyone knows what brand this is. Its got a higher polish than the chosera 3k (sitting below it), I'm guessing its between 4k-5k, a king 6k gives a higher polish than this mystery stone.

Kind of funny that seemingly nobody, including myself, has really read the original post [emoji23]

Is the pinkish-red block attached to the blue stone or are they just stacked?

If its synthetic chances are you wont't figure it out unless you or someone you know can read the writing on the side.

- Its a synthetic polishing stone.
- It's definitely a pale/light blue color
- Its sitting on a chosera 3k in the first pic (its not connected to that stone below it.)
- The measuring tape is in inches.
- The polish it gives is slightly less polishy than a king 6k, and slightly higher polish than the chosera 3k, so its possibly around a 4k-5k grit.
- Its very soft.
- It seems fairly splash n' go - it absorbs maybe a tiny bit of water, but not much at all. After fully dry, no bubbles come out when submerged in water, but you can tell the surface does absorb a bit of the moisture.
- Unfortunately both primary surfaces have been used so any initial print/markings/writing have been worn away. (No print/markings on the side/tips either).

I appreciate the help people :)

Back