Nakagawa x Myojin Blue 1 damascus or Tetsujin or Togashi?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Reaction score
I know they are all great knives, but can anyone just give me a little insight on each. Looks like the Nakagawas are a little thicker out of the spine and Tetsuijins may be the better cutters. Togashi seems to have a little more "workhorse" grind to them.

Last edited:
You had FM’s, so Tetsujin has the same feeling and grind as one. Nakagawa B1 damascus is a great knife (it was on my list for a long time), but has same convex grind of Myojin. If you want to try something different, go with Togashi.

Last edited:
The knife that you want depends on what you are cutting. What are you planning to use your knife for?

If you’re going to be cutting cheese, a knife isn’t even the best tool. A moribashi is.

Agree the Tetsujin is very similar to the FM (which ive had for 1 day so initial impression anyway). Have the Nakagawa Damascus on the way, awaiting a custom handle, so haven't had a chance to handle one yet.

Go prep some onions with it today and let me know 🙂
haha I guess you didn't see my Nagawa x Myojin blue 1 when I posted it on the patina thread....well here you go!
296012360_556664632909917_1631858123598792654_n.jpg

Nakagawa onions.jpeg

Just used the togashi for a little prep. It’s such a nice knife. The grind feels great and has some thickness in the spine where it doesn’t feel fragile at all. Love it

Did you get the wide bevel one or the convex ground one?

How can you tell if it's the convex or wide bevel? :)
Wide bevel has a clear transition between the hira/flat and the kireha/primary bevel, called the shinogi. Convex ground knives are ground from the spine to the edge with a convex shape and don’t have a clear/visible primary bevel. Let me know if I got something wrong or if I got some terminology wrong.

Wide bevel has a clear transition between the hira/flat and the kireha/primary bevel, called the shinogi. Convex ground knives are ground from the spine to the edge with a convex shape and don’t have a clear/visible primary bevel. Let me know if I got something wrong or if I got some terminology wrong.
Thanks a lot for your explanation. I got this version..also a really nice knife. And I assume this will be the convex grind?

https://carbonknifeco.com/products/...0mm-ebony-handle?_pos=32&_sid=55680a45e&_ss=r

Back