• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Nakayama Maruichi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nakayama Maruichi Asagi

155*97*16mm + wooden base
$391 shipped

Hard Jnat so you probably wonder if it is enjoyable on a knife.
Yes, it does.
This stone is a final finisher.
It gives a very clean and vivid mirror on the core. The clad turns into an elegant silvery semi-mirror.

click to enlarge!

click to enlarge!

click to enlarge!

Last edited:
Nakayama Kiita Maruichi

180*65*20mm + wooden base
LV4,5-5
$365 shipped
includes a tomo nagura.

This stone is slightly softer than #1. It gives a deep mirror and a strong contrast with the clad. The clad becomes almost hazy with crazy fine details on it. (pictures are coming)
Wonderful on knives and also a premium finisher for razors.

click to enlarge!

click to enlarge!

click to enlarge!

+ tomo nagura:
click to enlarge!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDC
#3 Nakayama Asagi

112*90*24mm
LV5+
$220 shipped
includes a tomo nagura

This Asagi is as fine as #1 and harder.
It gives a very strong mirror and will give the finest possible edge on a knife or a razor.
Anyway, this is a collector and useful stone but I feel #3 is too hard for polishing the bevels on kitchen knives. It can leave fine scratches on the clad!
So, as long as you sharpen the edge only, you're going to experience an extreme sharpness. If you're searching a Jnat in order to get a vibrant mirror on the core and beautiful effects on the clad, you should go for #1 or #2.

click to enlarge!

+ tomo nagura
click to enlarge!

Last edited:
Can we see the finish from stone 2? I don't have the money to buy the stones (I wish I did), I'm just curious, and love way you polish knives.

Back