name the ONE comfort food for you.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My other are all tie but for different reasons:
  1. Butter chicken (from a paste, very easy/fast to make)
  2. Paella - takes 3 hrs and a special occasion meal for me
  3. Bolognese - takes 5-6hrs and I make large batches and freeze. Usually 3 times a year
paella2.JPG

'
7.jpg

Given current energy prices I'm actually not sure if 'low and slow' dishes are actually cheap anymore? Has anyone done the math on this? To what extent - or not - is the price of cheap ingredients cancelled out by higher energy consumption from longer cooking times?

Given current energy prices I'm actually not sure if 'low and slow' dishes are actually cheap anymore? Has anyone done the math on this? To what extent - or not - is the price of cheap ingredients cancelled out by higher energy consumption from longer cooking times?
My smallest gaspit on low uses about 0.5 dm3 natural gas per minute.
1m3 is about 2.5 EUR nowadays I believe.

what does a KWh cost you, even at 50 cents it does not add much to the cost, the cost for energy also affects regular cooking. If a slow cooker is cheaper at the previous energy prices it will still be cheaper.

smoked sausage with fried cabbage and egg noodles, it instantly transports me to my grandmother's kitchen table!

there is little doubt for me. like i can name my ONE favorite song, i can name the one single dish that i can call my comfort food. it comes from my food memory, and i made a few variations until i hit the exact same flavor profile my mom produced over and over again. it is my mom's Cantonese Steamed Chicken. i love it, and make it on occasion. i dont want to burn out on it, like i did mac and cheese :)

sorry for the lame lunch leftover picture, but i didnt take one last night. ignore the broccoli my wife snuck into my lunch

Name your ONE dish. one. can you do it?

View attachment 190314
Cheeseburger. Has to be American cheese.

Fast food? i eat it on occassion and i regret it. it messes with my gut guarateed (i think it's the fat?). we recently had a meeting and the host brought in a giant bag of Chik Fil le...haha we grubbed!! then everyone said, "why did i do that?"...

Back