Naniwa Chosera 3000 round or brick?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antiboost

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a new 3000 stone. I've noticed that the price of the round is very close to the brick. It seems like the round is has a lot more material and maybe easier to use.
I wonder if anyone has any experience?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-181812_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-181812_YouTube.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 35
They are nearly the same price

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-233504_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-233504_Chrome.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200715-233539_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-233539_Chrome.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
I've never used a round stone, but I suspect that it might actually be a pain. When sharpening near the heel, you'd have to follow the curve of the stone instead of being able to just go straight up and down, otherwise the handle will collide with stone.

I wonder if these are really Chosera stones, the colors are off. The yellow stone for example states it’s a 320 grit I didn’t know that existed in the Chosera line up. I was looking to pick a couple up my self but when I asked them if they were truly Chosera stones they just redirected me back to the web site without a direct answer. Does anyone know for sure these are Chosera stones?

I wonder if these are really Chosera stones, the colors are off. The yellow stone for example states it’s a 320 grit I didn’t know that existed in the Chosera line up. I was looking to pick a couple up my self but when I asked them if they were truly Chosera stones they just redirected me back to the web site without a direct answer. Does anyone know for sure these are Chosera stones?
The original video on YouTube where I saw them was by some kind if woodwork professor type. He had the full range. Its quite interesting to watch.

Back