Naniwa Diamond, Are they worth?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say ... If its hard to deburr..is it easy to sharpen?

TBH I don’t think even the worst vg10 are that hard, it’s just frustrating sometimes that the burr just stick on and flipping around, whereas something like VG1 are much cleaner.

VG10 aren’t hard to sharpen, but the deburr can be nasty especially on lower angle and finer stones. I feel Tojiro and Shun are both like that. Tho funnily I find harder steel is actually easier to do.
Maybe a grit issue? I don't often go too fine. Usually 800-2K for my kitchen knives. I'll try higher grit next time I sharpen VG-10 and see if I have issues. lain it, but that's how it is.

I generally only have burr issues on softer stainless.

The glass binder he was antagonistically referring to, is basically what vitrified bonded diamonds use. There are a few different formulas used from what i've heard with different ingredients and ratios. Ill be honest, i don't know all that much about it other than the basic idea of how its done, and some stuff listed on a patent i found.
Got it. The vitrified I tried were very nice. Too hard to get and too expensive for me to own any.

Back