• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Naoki Mazaki 240 Gyuto (JNS Latest Version)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob-gym

Reaction score
Catch and release on the most current JNS Mazaki, bought on the last restock before they sold out. I'm gravitating more towards mid-weights over workhorses these days

Price: $239 + shipping (CONUS preferred)

Vital Statistics:
Source: Japanese Natural Stones
Steel: White #2 + soft iron cladding
Height: 54 mm
Weight: ~240 gram
Thickness at Heel: 4.0 mm
Thickness at Middle: 2.2 mm
Thickness 1cm from Tip: 1 mm

Condition: Bevel set on Chosera 3k, finished on Aizu, cut a few veggies, patina removed and polished with Simichrome

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

"Pine Charcoal Heat Treatment (Yaki-ire)"

IMG_0104.JPG

Continuous distal taper

IMG_0106.JPG

Choil

IMG_0109.JPG

Balance Point

IMG_0107.JPG

Wow, this is quite a bit heavier than mine (197g). Nice looking knife! Glws

Yeah, seems heavy. Mine is 212 gr. You sure in that weight?

From talking with some other members here, I have a particularly heavy workhorse example. Great food release, but not the laser-ish cutter I was expecting from a lot of folks recommending it to me

looks more like a kono fujiyama, have they changed it this much from original?

Had a CleanCut KU version before, if I didn't know they both came from the same forge, wouldn't think they had any connection at all. Totally different profile, grind, and heat treat. Definitely convex and not wide-bevel like the Kono Fujiyama

All that said

SPF

From talking with some other members here, I have a particularly heavy workhorse example. Great food release, but not the laser-ish cutter I was expecting from a lot of folks recommending it to me

Had a CleanCut KU version before, if I didn't know they both came from the same forge, wouldn't think they had any connection at all. Totally different profile, grind, and heat treat. Definitely convex and not wide-bevel like the Kono Fujiyama

All that said

SPF
Pm sent

Back