Natural Stone Giveaway! $500 value

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well looks like I got scammed, knives still at large!

It's disgusting to think the there are people who would do such a thing. Do you have any recourse at all? If you have a #, PayPal address or other contact info for the guy who "bought" them, could you file a police report for fraud/mischief? They probably wouldn't take it seriously for the dollar value of the shipping, but the fact he made contact with you almost points to that he may know something and is trying to F with you. Maybe he'd get scared and talk. Or else he's an internet troll. Either way this really sucks, is sounds like these knives have some sentimental value attached as well.

That's so generous of you, I'm lucky to still have knives and not be out something I needed for work. I really appreciate it though

What an *******.

You never know, a buddy of mine had his bike stolen in a home burglary. About five years later it came back to him, in good shape, with the same tires it had on when it was stolen. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Guys, Jon is actually one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting. We met through his job but have become friends and we actually got a chance to meet up and grab lunch one year while I was visiting family in Toronto. I feel absolutely terrible that this has happened to him.

Jon you've got great karma, I hope that you'll get your stuff back.

***!? :viking:

You've earned a double dose of good karma, Jon. It'll be coming around.

As for the scammer, he'll get his, too. The knife gods will take care of that. I'm thinking a few severed fingers ... @$$ hole!

Thank you Jeremy and Mute-on, really appreciate the kind words

I lost my fave guitar case like that. Not that it is by any mean comparable, my case was empty...

You have all my sympathy. If I had any knife ready, I would send one to you...

hmm I'm going with my favourite Salmon, I particlarly like Aburi Salmon (smokey and done very rare).

Hi KKF,

I had this stone up for sale for $500 USD a few weeks ago but I've been motivated to give it away by recent events.

About a month ago I did one of the dumbest things I could possibly ever do. I left my knife roll on a train. A custom leather roll with 4 knives.. two of them were gifts, and one was a Takeda knife I helped forge at his shop.
I was heartbroken, I called everyone I could and even did the rounds at local pawn shops. I gave up on it after a few weeks
Two days ago I got a call from a guy in the mid-west who bought my knife roll in NYC for 85$!!!!
He was a super nice guy and offered to ship it back to me, he wouldn't even accept my reward money.

So I'm trying to pass on some of the good Karma and give this stone to someone who I hope will love it as much as I do.

Here are the stats on the stone

This huge stone is from the Oochi mine. Not so common to see these stones around, although I think Jon from JKI had some at one point.
It is a pretty mellow, fuzzy feeling stone, if that makes sense.
This is one of the easiest finishing stones I've used for single beveled knives, though I would use something harder for the Ura if you had the option.
The stone weighs 1375g and is 208mm long
I bought this stone in Kyoto a couple years ago, it came from an old woodworking shop that went bankrupt

View attachment 30826
View attachment 30825

So here is how you get the stone

Guess my favorite Sushi Neta (thats the part on top of Nigiri, the "topping")
Just post the name of the item (could be fish, vegetable or whatever) as a comment. The first person to guess it right gets the stone!
Easy as that

this is open to anyone at all, vendors to newbies

Dude that is So Crazy!!! It’s such a small world and even though there’s a lot of evil, there’s a lot more Good People out there! Talk about DIVINE PROVIDENCE! So glad you got your knives back, and very generous and kind of you to give that stone away. This is what it’s all about, I also love that the guy was so honorable he wouldn’t even accept your reward money!

Good guess, but this finished last year unfortunately

Man I’m so sorry about all of it! You’ll find them one day! Did you send the money on PayPal? I’d report him and st least get that shipping money back. I really had high hopes but looks like there still is more pieces of **** out there than I thought! Did you already send the stone too?!

Latest posts

Back