Need Informations about this knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_mich*

Reaction score
Hello,
i bought a beautiful 290mm Yanagiba in Japan for ~50$. I found out it is from Sakai Akitada Mori 堺昭忠毛利 . Does anybody here know something about this blacksmith? How much is it worth? I am sure it is a lot more than $ 50. Thanks for help

Last edited:
Hello,
i bought a beautiful 290mm Yanagiba in Japan for ~50$. I found out it is from Sakai Akitada Mori 堺昭忠毛利 . Does anybody here know something about this blacksmith? How much is it worth? I am sure it is a lot more than $ 50. Thanks for help

I wouldn't worry about what its real dollar value is, it looks like a really nice knife, octagonal handle, engraved name, how does it sharpen up? seems like a steal to me. Congrats on the purchase.

@memorael I sharpen it up only one time with shapton stones and finished it with a shoubudani. It still has a few little chips. A few sharpening sessions more and it will be chip free. I need an approximate value because i will sell it. It is to big for me. I think the new price of this knife was ~400$. And now maybe 150$->200$? What do you think?

@memorael I sharpen it up only one time with shapton stones and finished it with a shoubudani. It still has a few little chips. A few sharpening sessions more and it will be chip free. I need an approximate value because i will sell it. It is to big for me. I think the new price of this knife was ~400$. And now maybe 150$->200$? What do you think?
I think it's a 400 dollar knife that you got for cheap. Go ahead and abuse it guilt free, you will soon find out knives aren't treasures to keep in a chest to awe in admiration every once in a while but a partner in crime.

Back