Recipe Requested Neopolitan pizza dough

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood definitely makes a difference, I tried some sorts a.o. kiln dried oak. I think the issue is more likely a lack of heat retention that you normally get in the dome of a wood fired pizza oven that is now making me keep the fire high all the way.

I bought a cheapo pelletsfired small pizzaoven that I'm working on becoming friends with. I think last time was best and I used a less wet dough than I had done before (and 3 days in the fridge), see if I can find that yt link..
IMG_20210528_174216.jpg
IMG_20210528_175116.jpg
IMG_20210512_181256.jpg
IMG_20210512_172321.jpg

I have been cooking for 40 years and never made a pizza. Thanks to this thread I have a steel coming in for my green egg. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope I can knock it out of the park! I have 4 kids so we go through a lot of 'Za....

I have a Koda 16, and it changed my life. Sure, it's really only for pizzas, but I've never had pizza like that ever. A smoker is great, but I can have weekday or weekend pizzas after a 20 min preheat...

I don't have to heat my smoker for pizza as I am just piling in the wood to run as hot as possible. So, I just need the fire to get hot. Smoking I need to heat the metal with a smaller fire but at 700 degrees and a large fire there is no reason to heat the metal as it is hot. So, 20 minutes should do it for me.

I just happened to stumble across a pro pizza maker yesterday, he uses some strong flour (12%) not 00, he lets it sit for cold proofing for up to a week, and is using a (large) wood fired oven at 430'C. Neapolitan pizza it was, terrific!
cooked in approx 90 sec with leoparding all over. Great crust, high quality ingredients, too bad he operates a 30 min drive away.

Long proofing really helps. Probably one of the more interesting discoveries I ever made forgetting some dough in my fridge for a week... :D

Who needs a "baking steel brand pan" when you can have a stone. I built a stone oven :D. And before you ask... this disgusting pizza with pineapple is not my pizza :D
20190629_182015.jpg

Back