Never Have a dull moment by Harold Wusthof

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eto

Founding Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to meet Harold Wusthof a few weeks ago, we only spoke briefly about his company and just knives in general. Today I received this awesome token from him. Since 1814 The Wüsthof Company was recorded in official German documents of the Duchy of Berg. To this present day Wüsthof remains family owned under the management of seventh generation of ownership, Harold Wüsthof.

I thought Id share with my fellow knife folks here.

Yeah, you have to upload it to picasa, photobucket, or this site(if you can), and share the image url in the

Thanks for your help John , now I don't feel to much like a idiot.

Awesome! That's a pretty sweet gift. We all love to knock Wusthofs, but they do make a quality product. I've been "stuck" using them before and I didn't exactly hate my life during the process. ;) Just don't tell anyone....

As much as I love Japanese knives and all the new custom stuff going around, and the idea of supporting smaller producing craftsman, I still have a lot of respect for company's like Wusthof who started small as well way back when in 1814.

Now that is cool! I had dinner with Henry Lodge once but I didn't get any cookware out of it. Luck you.

-AJ

I had an email invite to some event where he was going to be speaking in S.F. in a few weeks or more ago...maybe Williams-Sonoma?

Well, you going to wash the signature off and use the knife, or keep it as a memento? :)

I had an email invite to some event where he was going to be speaking in S.F. in a few weeks or more ago...maybe Williams-Sonoma?

Well, you going to wash the signature off and use the knife, or keep it as a memento? :)

This one will be a keeper as a memento.

Thats cool. I know that the whole drop forging thing tends to be a bit of hype these days, but I have seen videos of both the Zwilling and Wusthof factories and it would appear that Wusthof is still actually drop forging the entire knife in the old way as opposed to just heating up the spot around the bolster and punching it out like Zwilling. If nothing else, it seems a bit more honest.

Back