New but old

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel like I'm new and old at the same time at this point, since I've been reading here before, trying to understand things on both sides.
Cooking for about 20 years. Into knives for a lot less, but that's just my mistake. It took me a long time to understand what a good knife is (for me) and why it's worth having good (and usually more expensive) knives. Stones followed soon enough, since I had my own ideas and expectations that most people did not share. I've been doing a lot of testing over the years and I still enjoy trying new stuff, new methods of sharpening, honing. There are a lot of ways to get results. I've also tried to understand and do any kind of sharpening on pretty much anything imaginable. It was the only way to know if/how something works. Now, maybe all this info will help others, so after reading a new thread, I've decided to become a proper member. I'm not sure how getting the right to reply there works. I guess this is the first step for that. So, here I am. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back