Quantcast

New Equipment (Show off your new industrial toys)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Tim Rowland

Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious as to what everyone else has added to their kitchens lately.
I guess this will be the thread to show off your newest industrial toys.

I had to show off my new Rational ovens as I have been waiting 13 months from time of corporate approval in install.
Now I just need to figure out some taller legs for the lower oven to raise the stack up.
thumbnail_20200910_132200.jpg

Last edited:

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Rational ovens are the tits. One of the catering venues I use has a bank of about 8 of them. I think the kitchen has 2 different zip codes.

Tim Rowland

Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rational ovens are the tits. One of the catering venues I use has a bank of about 8 of them. I think the kitchen has 2 different zip codes.
The banquet kitchen at one of my old hotels was like that. I think it was 6 rationals and 8 regular convection ovens. Ridiculous space but if I remember correctly we had 75,000 sqft of banquet space. (Renaissance Waverly Hotel) It is actually the hotel that hosts the BLADE show every year. Was really cool to meet so many awesome makers and cook for them. I swear not a single one of them would use the "house" steak knives.

ecchef

Staff member
Founding Member
Global Moderators
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Rationals. Ran them in Germany. Unfortunately, whoever spec'd out my current kitchen seemed to have an affinity for Alto Scam so I'm saddled with a brace of them.

Tim Rowland

Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Rationals. Ran them in Germany. Unfortunately, whoever spec'd out my current kitchen seemed to have an affinity for Alto Scam so I'm saddled with a brace of them.
ooof!!! Not a fan of alto-sham either.
Could be worse when I was working on Miami Beach a few years ago I had 2 UNOX ovens, they were a nightmare as the required constant maintenance. I guess just like exotic Italian sports cars and women you just have to keep throwing money at them.

SHOWERDOOKIE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooof!!! Not a fan of alto-sham either.
Could be worse when I was working on Miami Beach a few years ago I had 2 UNOX ovens, they were a nightmare as the required constant maintenance. I guess just like exotic Italian sports cars and women you just have to keep throwing money at them.
I can’t get either of my 1.5 year old altos to read a probe consistently, the hose feature is kinda whack, and I swear to god when I put in settings for dry heat it still puts steam in there.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
I've never seen an Alto Sham used for anything but a warming rack / hot box. Was going to try and do Thanksgiving Turkeys in one a few years ago but opted to go conventional. Couldn't have effed up turkeys for my old folks.

Kippington

A small green parrot
Hobbyist Craftsman
Reaction score
They always look nice till someone cleans the outside with a scratchy scourer...
There are some pretty good cheaper knockoffs of the Rational style ovens now. I see them pop up quite often.

Tim Rowland

Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They always look nice till someone cleans the outside with a scratchy scourer...
There are some pretty good cheaper knockoffs of the Rational style ovens now. I see them pop up quite often.
Damnit Kipp don't jinx me.
I may have to clean them myself or have my sous chef do it.
Now I need to go message my babies with stainless polish and make sure they are ok.