New Handmade Chopstick now available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
The new chopsticks that I have been working on are in the store now.
These are chopsticks that I made myself. The only tools used were a bandsaw and sander. The shaping and finishing were done by lots of hand sanding. These are styled based on a finer tip like you see on Japanese (Hashi) chopsticks. They are a bit longer than normal Japanese sticks.
Just click on a photo if you would like to go to the store for a closer look.

The tips follow a long rounded taper. The ones marked as fine tip are about the thickness of a penny at the tip. Medium are closer to a nickel.

The back end is squared with rounded corners to resist rolling.

These are finished with usp grade mineral oil for a food safe finish.

Thank You to all who have gotten some of this new batch of chopsticks. There are still a bunch left for those of you who might want to get a set or four. If all goes well with these I will make more with some of the more exotic and rarer woods. Maybe with matching rests too.

Right now the inventory of stabilized blocks in the store is very limited. I am doing what I can to get more wood for stabilizing while keeping the quality high. It seems that the very best sells out quickly so I am doing what I can to try to keep up with demand.
I have a lot of wood at the stabilizers right now, but it will be several days until the next batch comes back. There will be different colors of dyed pieces as well as natural color stabilized pieces.

Until then I will be working on some of my own woodworking projects. Any suggestions of what I should make next? Spoons? Spatulas? Figured Wood Frisbees? Just teasing about the frisbee.

I'd like to see some more of those exotic wood chopsticks!
OK Brian, I'll do it. I have some pieces that are too thin for handle material and I will cut some for more sticks. 1st will probably be curly Koa.

Korin_Mari, Thank You for the kind words.

Randy. Thank You for the encouragement.

Back