New Ino

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
I'm getting rather frustrated, I just spent 2hrs writing a review and comparision of my new Gesshin Ino 240mm White #2 against my damascus R2 240mm Weatern handle Tanaka. I tried to post it but I was told I was not logged in and I lost everything I wrote.
So I decided to write it again in point form to make it quicker but the same thing happened when I tried to post the second time. I'm now thinking when I go to a new tab to copy and paste a photo I'm logging out of this forum but the status still shows that I'm logged in.

I'm not writing it a third time so now all you get is a couple of photos. I will post them in a reply to this thread as to not lose this as well.

If you have any questions on my thoughts of my new Ino please ask!

IMG_3062.jpg
IMG_3079.jpg
[/IMG
IMG_3105.jpg
[/IMG]

i used to have this same problem with another forum... i finally got to the point where i now write all long posts in word and copy and paste into the forum page...

cool pics though... if you ever do get around to it again, i would be curious to hear your thoughts on both knives (and i'm sure many other people would be interested as well)

That tanaka looks a lot thinner behind the edge than i expeicted

That tanaka looks a lot thinner behind the edge than i expeicted[/QUOTE]

Yeah, The Tanaka is pretty thin. I suspect it's pretty similar to the Ino in thickness.

I'll try to write the review again in the near future.

Thanks for the beautiful knife Jon!

A lot of forum boards will time you out of your login after a certain number of minutes (usually between 5-15) if you start a post and don't finish it. I've taken to always just copying my entire post before hitting "submit" so if I do get timed out, I can just log back in, paste and reply again. Sometimes you can also just hit "back" on your browser and still recover your post. (Firefox is particularly good with this.)

Good luck on trying it again though--your pics have certainly set the stage!

I hate when I type out a well thought out post and lose it - man does that piss me off. I was just thinking how this hasn't happened to me using this forum software and then it hit me that I haven't typed anything substantial since I've been here, all my really good posts were at KF - doh!

The Ino has always been high on my radar, but low on me needs list. They look really amazing and seem very special, shigefusa-like even. I remember Dave raving about them a while back.

Latest posts

Back