New-ish Arrivals

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
In my continued efforts to streamline my PIF posts I'm going to use this thread to catalogue all the new donations I'm receiving.
I am always humbled by what you guys are willing to donate instead of hoard. The money you guys spend to ship these things to me is nothing to laugh at either. None of you are rollin' in the dough and whether it's 6 dollars or the 30 that Son just spent.......
.....Thanks for being so generous.
Just got this from Joe aka Jmadams13
A Wustie(I think) Nakiri and a Global paring. Also a knife roll in good shape. It has Lord Voldemort's name on it, but I'll remedy that before it finds a new home.
DSC_00263-1_zpsc9bc7af4.jpg
[/IMG]

Also from Dave aka daveb.....well a bunch of stuff. I'm not going to name it all, but a bunch of really great, quality stuff. Some is really worn and some is like-new. I told Dave the ones with cracked handles would just be that easier to rehandle. Also-not pictured are a couple of sharpening stone/pad thingies that would be great for a beginner.
DSC_00273_zpsf81ed519.jpg
[/IMG]

Last but certainly not least.......from Son aka Sachem Allison.
A full kit and Bag. Most of the knives are the Dexter-Russell Connoisseur line. These things are in excellent condition. I'm sure some of you older guys remember them. They are super heavy.
Also Son sent a nice little Mac I'm rehandling and a few OXO slicers NIB. They say "Good Grips" but that is a lie. I will eventually rehandle all these guys and send them out(the OXO's that is)
The kit contains a ton of other culinary tools as well.
DSC_00234_zps73b77925.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_00244_zps5acee1f5.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_00254_zps0add85e7.jpg
[/IMG]

PM me if ANY of you want/need any of these knives/tools etc. I have more than enough to send out a full kit. Hell, you can request anything. Just keep it in the spirit of giving to those in need, not hoarding.
Thanks guys for making this IMHO a big success.
-Chris

Those Macs have always been a knife that I thought was really cool. Not having a pointed tip is strange, but they look really cool. Nice haul, an great donations, guys! Also, the Global sheepsfoot is a great little knife. I have one that I still use, an my wife likes it for its Bob Marley, "Don't worry, be happy" lifestyle. I think Globals are pretty much indestructible, except for those few with the bad weld that we've all seen pictures of.

Lol on lord voldimort. Kinda why I didn't tell you what it was, lol. I'm not sure on the Nakiri, it was a yard sale buy, scratches and all. Hope they find a good home

Also, I'm not interested in anything in particular, just looking for a slicer for my guy still, but we already talked about that. Nice haul.

Another New One
This is quality!
DSC_00022-1_zps74fc6c77.jpg
[/IMG]
Got this Devin from ejd53 this week. What a beauty in AEB-L ! I put a fresh edge on this baby and it is screamin'. I want to do a little polishing on the face to get some light scratch marks out. This is quite a touching donation as I know this baby would sell quick if it was up on BST.
I think I've got the perfect recipient for this one too. I'm working with a young (21) kid who is awesome and comes from a family of chefs, but needs a new quality knife. It's tough to afford even a Sani-Safe on a young cook's wage, so this kid truly deserves it. I feel like he is going to be a great chef someday. He's extremely knowledgeable and passionate, especially for his age.
Thanks Ed!

Wow! That's why this place kicks ass. BTW Chris, my guy loves that big boy bullnose. He uses it daily breaking down shoulders, and eyerounds. Thanks again

wow sweeet donation, your co worker is gonna be pumped!

Just glad to see it's going to a good home:doublethumbsup:.

Back