New Kitchen Block Slight Off Spec

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobiledynamics

Reaction score
Just received a custom made mag block I had made.
Requested spec was 10x15
It has a small feet that does raise the overall height but we're talking maybe 1/4"
Finished piece with feet is 8 3/8 flush to counter. Which obviously is not 10"....

Overseas, Etsy seller.
I'd prefer the knife bolster all sit flush on the mag block.
Raise a stink or not . Otherwise, piece wise it's beautiful. Just not exactly what I ordered

Last edited:
Over 1.5” short is pretty significant especially as it’s about 15% off. If it’s so short the knife tips are bumping the counter when you explicitly planned to avoid that, then I’d say you have a significant issue.

I ended sending a seller a pic with the measuring tape on it. He's sending me a return label to go back via intl....and making/sending a new one back coming back international. I can't even imaging what the shipping cost entailment is.

For those that don't ship, since we are all spoiled by Prime...there is huge cost component to it.
Here stateside, they also charge by dimensional weight. Shipping costs $$. And UPS/FedEx also tacks on a rural surcharge if they deem you live in the sticks..

Felt terrible for this dudes mistake, which sh## happens. But shipping international twice + a return shipment back :eek:

Last edited:
I’m surprised he didn’t just tell you to keep the old one. Maybe he’s hoping to resell - it’ll have to be enough to cover shipping x2.

I’m happy he’s taking care of you though. Meanwhile my own custom knife rack was shipped from Ukraine the day before Russia invaded and is probably sitting in a storage closet of a bombed out airport. I’m considering it a donation to the artist (she’s safe last I checked) and not requesting a refund from Etsy or my cc, but meanwhile can’t figure out what other block to buy.

Back