New Kitchen - Cooktops From 2 different brands?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for this. Please send pics if not too much trouble. Still learning about lighting.

Right now two of the best companies I am aware of for recessed lighting are Tech Lighting and WAC Lighting. One of the kitchens you liked had multiples in it, Tech has great offerings (they are better than WAC's): Multiples Downlights | Why ELEMENT | ELEMENT Lighting (element-lighting.com)
Tech's new line of 3 and 4 inch recessed is very nice too, with the option for Lutron 1% drivers which is a very nice upgrade: Next Generation 3" LED Platform | Why ELEMENT | ELEMENT Lighting (element-lighting.com) They have choices galore:

WAC is usually a bit less than Tech, except for their Volta line, which when it came out 5 years ago was the best available, esp. when high Lumen output was needed. They are releasing next month the FQ line WAC Lighting which I saw last week, and it was almost as nice as the Volta and a lot less. The Volta was around 350 ea. I think the FQ will be a bit over 130.

Aperture size should be 2 to 4 inches, I prefer 3 or 4 because they are easier to work on post install and for 8 ft ceiling the beam spread works out better.

Pick a fixture where the LED light is as high up as possible, it reduces glare. Stay away from a white interior baffle, they look great great when off but have the worst reflectivity. I have this discussion with almost every client that does not have a lighting rep involved:). Go to the most expensive hotel around you, they will have the light source way up above the ceiling line and they will have an Alzak finish. In a kitchen I recommend the haze finish, because it's not polished but rather satin like it hides dust better. I don't like warm dim, why continue creating a flaw from incandescent? Make sure the CRI is at least 90, the R is over 85 (this one can be harder to find out), the kelvin should be 3,000.

Right now two of the best companies I am aware of for recessed lighting are Tech Lighting and WAC Lighting. One of the kitchens you liked had multiples in it, Tech has great offerings (they are better than WAC's): Multiples Downlights | Why ELEMENT | ELEMENT Lighting (element-lighting.com)
Tech's new line of 3 and 4 inch recessed is very nice too, with the option for Lutron 1% drivers which is a very nice upgrade: Next Generation 3" LED Platform | Why ELEMENT | ELEMENT Lighting (element-lighting.com) They have choices galore:

WAC is usually a bit less than Tech, except for their Volta line, which when it came out 5 years ago was the best available, esp. when high Lumen output was needed. They are releasing next month the FQ line WAC Lighting which I saw last week, and it was almost as nice as the Volta and a lot less. The Volta was around 350 ea. I think the FQ will be a bit over 130.

Aperture size should be 2 to 4 inches, I prefer 3 or 4 because they are easier to work on post install and for 8 ft ceiling the beam spread works out better.

Pick a fixture where the LED light is as high up as possible, it reduces glare. Stay away from a white interior baffle, they look great great when off but have the worst reflectivity. I have this discussion with almost every client that does not have a lighting rep involved:). Go to the most expensive hotel around you, they will have the light source way up above the ceiling line and they will have an Alzak finish. In a kitchen I recommend the haze finish, because it's not polished but rather satin like it hides dust better. I don't like warm dim, why continue creating a flaw from incandescent? Make sure the CRI is at least 90, the R is over 85 (this one can be harder to find out), the kelvin should be 3,000.

OMG - thank you!!!! I’ve always coveted these lights and always thought they were only for builders.

THANK YOU

Back