New knife day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhio23jd

Reaction score
Dao Vua V2

Attachments

• A924A677-DA02-457C-9791-EAC3D309746D.jpeg
    A924A677-DA02-457C-9791-EAC3D309746D.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 19DFEACE-28D5-4706-91AF-5EA4B2092685.jpeg
    19DFEACE-28D5-4706-91AF-5EA4B2092685.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40
  • EDA38A3C-C7E2-406E-BC17-EBC11AACB995.jpeg
    EDA38A3C-C7E2-406E-BC17-EBC11AACB995.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 40
  • 26185CD1-15C7-40BD-A594-04D4E89DA89E.jpeg
    26185CD1-15C7-40BD-A594-04D4E89DA89E.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 36
I have a mazaki 210and it’s a littel bit big for the space I have at work. I needed a knife for service one that’s not super reactive and I needed a project knife for less than $100

I have a mazaki 210and it’s a littel bit big for the space I have at work. I needed a knife for service one that’s not super reactive and I needed a project knife for less than $100

Check out Munetoshi and Hinokuni too. I have a Hinokuni and while it isn't going to win any fit and finish contests, it performs very well.

I recently picked up a DaoVua 240mm for a sharpening project and I'm very impressed for the price. I've used it twice and so far it seems to have a decent HT at least on my soft rubber cutting board. It's not my Tsourkan for sure but pretty decent for a beater/sharpening project.

I recently picked up a DaoVua 240mm for a sharpening project and I'm very impressed for the price. I've used it twice and so far it seems to have a decent HT at least on my soft rubber cutting board. It's not my Tsourkan for sure but pretty decent for a beater/sharpening project.
Definitely a good knife for the price, I was very surprised at how think it’s is! Should be a fun project! Tell me how yours go and if you have any pointers when sharpening. I used mine today at work on lettuce, pickles and tomatoes and it definitely exceeded my expectations. Even on super thin scallion cuts. I had fun. And super weightless which made it more fun

DaoVua is looking more refined every time I see a new one.
I said same thing that’s why I pulled the trigger on it for $70 on CKTG it was worth it. Not gonna lie i had fun with the weight and out the box sharpness. It’s no white#2 but it sharpens pretty nice on honing rod. I have a diamond hine and literally 4 swipes on each side it was sharp again. But it didn’t hold the sharpness as long as I would like it to.

They look to be decent for the price. Sorta like a gyuto version of a Cck Chinese cleaver. Just some unknown spring steel ground super thin and light. It might not hold the longest edge compared to more refined steels and heat treatments, but should touch up with minimal effort.

They look to be decent for the price. Sorta like a gyuto version of a Cck Chinese cleaver. Just some unknown spring steel ground super thin and light. It might not hold the longest edge compared to more refined steels and heat treatments, but should touch up with minimal effort.
Definitely doesn’t hold the edge but it gets the job done

I did take my DaoVua to my 800g splash-n-go and it was very easy to sharpen. As everyone has mentioned it does not hold an edge for too long but the overall thinness of the grind means it seems to still be cutting well even if it is not crazy sharp. Still a great project to help me improve on my sharpening skills.

Back