New knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220423_183020.jpg

Ryan, was that some magnacut on your IG? If so, what's the plan?

It is! Making a new set of knives for Daniela Soto-Innes with some of it, and will be working on a few others at the same time.

I've been super delayed trying to get my power hammer moved to its new location (haha, was hoping to have it done like 2 months ago).

Now that the move is about finished, I've started stocking up on new materials. Sent some wood for stabalizing, belt, magnacut, 52100, A2, W2, 410ss for stainless cladding, wrought iron, pins, nickel for some damascus, etc.

Going to be posting a lot more soon.

Looks like I'll be back to forging on Saturday! Sorry for the delay to anyone that has reached out.

I'll be making knives nonstop for a little under 2 months, and then I'm heading off to Asia to help my old chef with his popup for around 4 months.

Little tamahagane/bloom steel petty that I forged up last night and polished up to celebrate the new shop.

Just salvaging an old piece that I started forging right after making the bloom steel. Definitely lower carbon on this one, but I wanted a bit of practice before attempting my nicer, higher carbon pieces.

Have one san mai gyuto tempering right now as well.

This is so much like the next knife I was to add to my collection (okay, maybe just a touch less length, but still en pointe). In this steel or MagnaCut would be awesome. Going to watch for your upcoming releases.

I'm going to be working on a new drop for next week!

Thank you!

Eight years ago today is when I made my first kitchen knife, a touch before I went to culinary school.

Newest paring knife is a wrought iron clad 52100 san mai paring knife with a Cocobolo handle.

Oldest is a 1095 paring knife with g10 scales.

20220529_140855.jpg

FB_IMG_1653853885767.jpg

220x50mm gyuto. 52100 core with a 21 layer wrought iron and pure nickel damascus cladding and a layer of pure nickel between the damascus and the core.

Have some nice stabalized Acacia, and around 25lb of stabalized wood coming back from K&G in the next few days. Handle choice is going to be hard haha.

Just signed in to this Forum and am member of 3 Knife Forums in Germany. Never seen such a bunch of outstanding kitchenknives as in this thread. Really would like to buy one. Are any coming for sale in your Etsy shop in the near future? And are you shipping to Germany?
Thank you very much for sharing your work here with us!👍
Michael

Just signed in to this Forum and am member of 3 Knife Forums in Germany. Never seen such a bunch of outstanding kitchenknives as in this thread. Really would like to buy one. Are any coming for sale in your Etsy shop in the near future? And are you shipping to Germany?
Thank you very much for sharing your work here with us!👍
Michael

Ahh! I've been too damn busy getting knives ready and getting ready for my trip.

I have some available now, and I do ship to Europe!

I FINALLY nabbed one! I picked up the 240. Really looking forward to this one

Thank you for buying it! I'll be getting it out your way on Monday!

Back