New Konosuke Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True (although I've used all but my duplicate Katos), but super finished knives tend to discourage potential users more than relatively down to earth finishes as people worry they will never be able to make it look as good again.

This is sort of my point;)

Hows this for value? Went for $222.50 AUD. Just got outbid..
240mm Konosuke White Steel Honyaki Gyuto
konosuke.jpg

konosuke.jpg

Should have bid more.It’s a konosuke honyaki. Friz in Sydney won it

Probably worth at least 3-4K usd
Wow, if that's how he really got it. That is crazy!! What a score!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have bid more.It’s a konosuke honyaki. Friz in Sydney won it

Probably worth at least 3-4K usd
The ad said he bought it for 1300 AUD....Did it go up in value?
@knspiracy I bought that knife off him. I know the person.
Oh wow ok. This community is tight right? I didn't bother having a bidding session on this I thought it would go for more than I could afford..what did it end up going for? Or what could it have gone up to theoretically/realistically?
That knife went for a lot more than AUD 222. The 3 day listing was ended 2 days early by the seller. Buyer must have made an offer the seller couldn't refuse.
How do u find out it goes for more? I was flabbergasted to think it went for $222, spent all day thinking "IF ONLY I'D BID $223" lol
I mean, financially I could have made a grand happen, but in my head knew if could fetch more so I didn’t bother, then I saw the "Sale" price. Was shocked. But to find out it went for more -relieves me of that thought now.

The ad said he bought it for 1300 AUD....Did it go up in value?

Oh wow ok. This community is tight right? I didn't bother having a bidding session on this I thought it would go for more than I could afford..what did it end up going for? Or what could it have gone up to theoretically/realistically?
How do u find out it goes for more? I was flabbergasted to think it went for $222, spent all day thinking "IF ONLY I'D BID $223" lol
I mean, financially I could have made a grand happen, but in my head knew if could fetch more so I didn’t bother, then I saw the "Sale" price. Was shocked. But to find out it went for more -relieves me of that thought now.

The seller brought that years ago (5-10 years). This knife is not longer released.

W2 Honyaki Konosuke Honyaki is basically OEM Ashi Honyaki with Konosuke Kanji.

A normal Ashi Honyaki gyuto is about $3-4K. This would be more I say as there are many Konosuke fans out there who need this to round out their collection.

This particular one is from Chef's Armoury, available date April 2013.

Wow! Incredible find. Think only a few of these were finished by Konosuke.

Wish I could find a konnosuke or masamoto. The only ones readily available are ashis or ichimonjis.

Wish I could find a konnosuke or masamoto. The only ones readily available are ashis or ichimonjis.
Ashi honyakis are "readily" available? They seem pretty hard to get and very expensive? Im sure some people just know the right people and have hookups. Is that the case for you? Or am i missing something on how easily attainable they are. 2k+ is out of my league anyways, but i would still be very interested to know if they are easier to attain than what ive thought.

Ashi honyakis are "readily" available? They seem pretty hard to get and very expensive? Im sure some people just know the right people and have hookups. Is that the case for you? Or am i missing something on how easily attainable they are. 2k+ is out of my league anyways, but i would still be very interested to know if they are easier to attain than what ive thought.
I can easily locate a Ginga, Ichimonji and most people with Ashis have either version. The ones which are difficult to get are the Masamoto or Konosuke versions.

Ashis are expensive but they are what they are. The western versions are amazing, even more than the Wa versions.

Yup, wide bevels are blue steel shirakis

Back