New Member: French Timberframer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vadoche

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I'm a 23 years old Timberframer from Paris, France.
Have been sensitive to high quality tools and craftsmanship for about 12 years now. Got into serious sharpening and stones about 4 years ago.
I've come here to learn about knives, share the few things I know if could help, and maybe in the future propose some of my older stones for sale.
As this is a knife related forum, I'm hoping to deep dive into it and learn things that could crossover between tools and knives (also tools yes).
Cheers and have fun

Welcome! Maybe you can advise with this – I got a hinoki chopping board and after some use I thought, I can refresh the surface with a Bahco cabinet scraper! But instead of getting thin shavings I tore up the grain :(

Attachments

• F6564823-9095-42AA-8B03-1B22C1E82210.jpeg
    F6564823-9095-42AA-8B03-1B22C1E82210.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Welcome! Maybe you can advise with this – I got a hinoki chopping board and after some use I thought, I can refresh the surface with a Bahco cabinet scraper! But instead of getting thin shavings I tore up the grain :(
Hello, sorry for the extremely late reply but my late computer died. Check if your scrapper is properly set up, with a fresh burr. Otherwise a sharp plane should do the job.

Bienvenue!
Great to see yet another EU member here.

We are one big worldwide community, seperated only by customs, duties and taxes (that is, if you want to get into buying/selling knives and stones).
Thank you ! Recently had a bunch of misluck and I'm hoping to spend some time reading posts on here ;) I have some stones to sell, cannot work right now due to a shoulder injury and social security is being a mess ^^

This is good enough to get started :D

Thank you! My friend who has a plane came to visit, and we worked on it together. Now the chopping board is improved, and nicely convexed as well, which is an unexpected benefit. It turned out to be an expensive visit for him because he ended up feeling inspired to spend several hundred on new knives, new stones, and a new diamond flattener :D

Good luck to your computer situation. Wood and steel behave so much better than silicon.

Thank you! My friend who has a plane came to visit, and we worked on it together. Now the chopping board is improved, and nicely convexed as well, which is an unexpected benefit. It turned out to be an expensive visit for him because he ended up feeling inspired to spend several hundred on new knives, new stones, and a new diamond flattener :D

Good luck to your computer situation. Wood and steel behave so much better than silicon.
That is how you know you've got good friends, they come to help you and they spend money in your shop ><. yeah I don't know how I'm gonna get it fixed if it can be done.

Back