New member introduction from Portland, OR

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Hello
Long time home cook lurker from Portland OR
I've been into knives for a couple of years, but just recently got into Japanese knives and sharpening
I have a few beater Henkels/Munidial and old Shun Kai paring knife.
Started with Takamura Chromax 210 this led to Takamura R2 santoku and a Tojiro DP Kiritsuke 210.
I would like to try some carbon steels next so my most recent purchase was Fujiwara Kanefusa FKH petty and I like it.
I am decidedly amateur at sharpening. Started with atoma plates 400 and 1200 and now I have a Naniwa professional 1000 and 3000
Have gotten some of my stuff from Portland Knife house, it's probably a good thing for my wallet that they don't have weekend hours. Even though I am interested in carbon steels I was barely able to resist picking up a Nigara Hamono bunka.
Next purchases are likely to be some cutting boards maybe Hasegawa

Hello
Long time home cook lurker from Portland OR
I've been into knives for a couple of years, but just recently got into Japanese knives and sharpening
I have a few beater Henkels/Munidial and old Shun Kai paring knife.
Started with Takamura Chromax 210 this led to Takamura R2 santoku and a Tojiro DP Kiritsuke 210.
I would like to try some carbon steels next so my most recent purchase was Fujiwara Kanefusa FKH petty and I like it.
I am decidedly amateur at sharpening. Started with atoma plates 400 and 1200 and now I have a Naniwa professional 1000 and 3000
Have gotten some of my stuff from Portland Knife house, it's probably a good thing for my wallet that they don't have weekend hours. Even though I am interested in carbon steels I was barely able to resist picking up a Nigara Hamono bunka.
Next purchases are likely to be some cutting boards maybe Hasegawa
Hey, Portland Guy here too. I go to Seisuke over on NE 15th&Alberta myself. But that's for rehandle and sometimes resharpening. Welcome.

Welcome. Also a Portland resident as well here. Tons of information on this site, and lots of very helpful members.

I've been to seisuke too. Nice shop. I was interested in the sharpening classes they had listed when i was there. I live on the west side in the Cedar Hills area so getting to the East side is sometimes challenging.
I've checked out Murray Carter's place cool but generally out of my price range

I'm currently over in Milwaukie now, but lived in Portland for the last 8 years. Originally from Vermont.

Back