New Member - "You have insufficient privileges to post here"

Discussion in 'Support' started by PK88, Nov 30, 2018.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Nov 30, 2018 #1

PK88

PK88

PK88

Is there a time limit after you register before the "You have insufficient privileges to post here" notice will disappear in the "The Kitchen Knife" area so you can post? I looked for a FAQ and didn't see one. If I missed it, my apologies. Thanks.

2. Nov 30, 2018 #2

bkultra

bkultra

bkultra

Staff Member Administrator

Your first post has to be approved in order to be able to post in other sections of the forum. This counts as your first post so...

Welcome to the forum.

3. Dec 4, 2018 #3

ButlerHoosierChef

ButlerHoosierChef

ButlerHoosierChef

Hey I have insufficient privileges in almost every section. I have been here since June and was able to have priveledges everywhere but now I don't and I am just wondering why and what has been going on. Thank you. I appreciate your response.

4. Dec 4, 2018 #4

Angie

Angie

Angie

I see that you do have posting/replying abilities in most forums, I did a spot check of a variety of them. You do not yet have permissions in the B/S/T two forums. If you cannot post or reply to a specific forum, please tell me the name as a generality does not make it where I can zero in on what may or may not be an issue.

5. Dec 4, 2018 #5

ButlerHoosierChef

ButlerHoosierChef

ButlerHoosierChef

O ok. Thank you for checking. It was the b s t forum in particular.

6. Dec 4, 2018 #6

Angie

Angie

Angie

Then why did you say in almost every section? When someone reports an issue, a global comment that is not accurate does not help me help the one reporting the issue. If you had said B/S/T, I could have looked at your post number and know why so could any other member of the mods/admins. But saying, everywhere, I have to check your user group, go to various forums to spot test that user group on those forums, and then use the member permissions analyse tool to see what your abilities really are.

I do appreciate accurate information when a problem is reported.

7. Dec 5, 2018 #7

KellyW

KellyW

KellyW

I too am new to posting, and to this whole world. My wife Amy is a great cook. I saw her cutting the other day with our Victronox and she seemed to struggle a bit. I noticed the knife was so dull she might as well have been using the back of the blade. I have an old Norton oil stone and made an attempt of sharpening. Worked much better but I have no idea what I am doing.

To make a long story short, I bought her a Sukenari Damascus HAP40 Gyuto as a Christmas present. I also got some Naniwa Professional stones (more for me as I will be the sharpener) in 400, 1000 and 5000 grit.

SO - I'm now immersed

8. Dec 5, 2018 #8

bkultra

bkultra

bkultra

Welcome to the forum

9. Dec 5, 2018 #9

KellyW

KellyW

KellyW

thank you!