• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD NEW PRICE! Stunning Saji Rainbow Damascus Aogami 2 Gyuto 240mm w/ Brazilian Rosewood handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to a change in circumstances I'm having to sell this beauty with a heavy heart. Originally I chose this combo of Rainbow Damascus and Brazilian Rosewood from Sugi cutlery for a photo shoot I did with a friend on Japanese knives. The uber rare Brazilian Rosewood Joe of Sugi Cutlery sourced from a guy who'd had it in his closet for 40 years! I think this was the first and only Brazilian Rosewood handle he has made so its pretty unique! The ferrule is Buffalo Horn. Used only once to slice onions the condition is like new and is boxed in the usual Saji wooden presentation box.

I'm looking for $575 inc shipping, will ship worldwide.
Let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_20210827_205232.jpg
IMG_20210827_204313.jpg
IMG_20210827_204559.jpg
IMG_20210701_193305.jpg
IMG_20210701_192511.jpg
IMG_20210827_203649.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll comment on the handle. If I sound biased, really I’m the No. 1 critic of my handles.

I stumbled on a fellow that had a small amount of Dalbergia nigra in a closet, which was obtained in the 80s. As it was put on CITIES and no longer imported since 92, the price was a bit insane. However, I thought I would give it a go as I had never seen a handle made of it.

I am a big fan of rosewoods, perhaps a little obsessive and I also love simple handles with high quality wood. I picked out really nice marbled horn and went to work.

When it was finished, it blew me away. Something about it spoke to my heart. There is nothing loud about it, you might compare it to jazz, complex but subtle. The natural oil content feels warm on the hand and the wavy grain pattern glows in the light. I hope to never forget the joy I felt after polishing it up.

It’s my hope that whoever gets this appreciates the wood for what it is.
: simple, beautiful, durable and warm.

Back