• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD New Sword Polish by Damian Kordic/Pics 390mm Genkai Masakuni Sakimaru Takobiki Mt Fuji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
***this knife has just been given traditional hadori sword polish by one of the best to do outside of Japan. It has clean, sharp shinogi that matches edge shape, nice convex bevel, dark deep jigane, smoky hagane, proper sword tip geometry, proper kissaki, proper ko shinogi, proper yokote***

Hi Guys,
Up for sale is an unused Sakimaru Takobiki by Genkai Masakuni in white 1. 390mm in length with Mt Fuji 🗻. Sharpened by Damian Kordic .
It's immaculate.
Asking for $4K shipped.
Comes with separate handle - stabilised burl, double spacer, buffalo horn, custom fitted, striped ebony saya.

20210318_161944.jpg
20210318_162004.jpg
20210318_162013.jpg
20210321_035631.jpg

Last edited:
This is absolutely insane, wish I had the cash on me, grail piece for sure

Wish the hamon was stronger I’d definitely
be interested.

Just saw the first pictures, I can see the hamon better there, maybe the hadori finish hides it?

Last edited:
Wish the hamon was stronger I’d definitely
be interested.

Just saw the first pictures, I can see the hamon better there, maybe the hadori finish hides it?
Yeah thats the style, it's more smoky & hazy when using all the mud. Of course it can be etched and you can get a more harsh look, but it's just a white line and no contrast between the ha and ji. There are more details to be seen here in person. I prefer the traditional look vs the modern look..
Also tip is perfect. Shinogi is sharp. All surfaces are even.
You can do with it what you will if you want a stronger hamon, its still there if u want it! All yours!

Back