New TF order, advice?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the knife arrived. I must say it's beyond expectations, f&f is fine for me, grind looks good too I'm so happy! It's a beautiful object the handle doesn't quite live up to the blade but it's going to get one of jobone's upgrades anyhow.

I must say the service and ordering experience via TF direct has been fantastic, Gaku is very helpful and willing to help select a knife, etc. The little touches in the box with note, cloth and wrapping really make for a nice Japanese touch.

If anyone is considering ordering from TF I can wholly recommend it from experience, well worth the extra effort for the custom service you receive.View attachment 81840View attachment 81841View attachment 81842View attachment 81843View attachment 81844
Nice one you got there, how do you find the saya that you ordered? Looking forward to your thoughts on how it performs.

Nice one you got there, how do you find the saya that you ordered? Looking forward to your thoughts on how it performs.
The saya is fine, it fits the knife perfectly. I thought it made sense to get one and they seem pretty good value from TF direct compared to other vendors I've seen.
From a chef/cook point of view it performs beautifully, I see no need to thin it atm, but I'm pretty knew to forged knives. Great food release too. I remember reading in a thread how you wrote how much fun they are to use and I totally get that. It's a very satisfying knife in use.

Last edited:
Join TF Club 😂

TFTFTFTFTFTF
9D7A4513-BF63-4ABE-A641-61EAF2F259EB.jpeg

What a looker! Nice pictures too. Any chance you got a choil shot as well?

Because most customers don't notice or care if their knife is "perfect" as long as it cuts well, and theirs cut well...

I don't want to believe this is the reason. It's not on the some point with my perception about Japanese commitment and perfection. I don't know I'm a bit too romantic though.

I don't want to believe this is the reason. It's not on the some point with my perception about Japanese commitment and perfection. I don't know I'm a bit too romantic though.
You should read about wabi sabi. TF celebrates this.

I really don't understand if every buyer contacts with Gaku about over grinding issue and try/gamble to pick best one, why don't they just fix that issue and get more customers?
Take any other wide bevel knife you have and lay it flat on your stone, see if you get a kasumi finish in 10 seconds...

Thought so... 😉

Back