New York City Suggestions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Going to be hanging out in the big apple for a couple days next week. Any suggestions on what to see, do, eat? I've been before so I'm not doing the usual tourist thing. I'll be making the mandatory Korin stop but no other real plans. Looking to eat casual, experience not-the-usual stuff and industry related would be a bonus. (Write off purposes.) Staying in Manhattan.

Casual eating :
tori-shin- some really awesome yakitori, if you spring a little extra $ and sit at the chef counter the owner and assistant cook for you very personable.

Little Kung fu steamed buns ramen- ridiculous name, but it's right downtown Manhattan. Awesome hand pulled noodles and dumplings , super cheap me and my girl get out of here for 30$

Tulsi- some really good Indian food semi near Korin if I recall

The spotted pig- quick walk from time square like 10-15min. Always busy so you might have to wait a bit but great English food, best scotch egg I've ever had .

Danji- little Korean joint , recommend for lunch awesome food, nice lunch portion not a lot of $$

Even though you said casual I recommend Soto if you like sushi and some joenese inspired dishes. I've banged out every 3 star joint in New York and bite for bite Soto is the best food I have hAd anywhere, not just New York.

I generally just eat in New York and walk around and shop. But catching a movie is pretty fun at some of those theaters in Manhattan. If possible (still performing maybe?) to he Book of Mormon was hilarious. Also on the pier there is a new market going in ( might be done?) that bourdain is an investor, there's also a fun bowling alley down there

Excellent, thanks. Don't mind spending but packing light, going casual.

P.S. I see Soto is near The Blue Note.

I always recommend Theater Row Café because a good friend owns it but it is close to all the Broadway shows if you need that. Last time I was there they had a Romanian chef doing some interesting back home stuff along with the American standards.

Back