NFL 2018 talk

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0535.jpg

Edge rushers should be concerned. Sacking the QB is their bread and butter. It’s how these guys are viewed in terms of performance. It will be interesting to see what new ways around the rules can be applied.
Also, are these rules being applied equally to all QBs? Eli and Cam are still getting knocked about a good bit.

Giving more to the QB. Safety part of it, also it opens the game more for scoring. Truth is sack masters get in so fast in the pro's. They have often given extra subtle punishment to the QB to take them out or wear them down in the game. Not any more. Body weight of a 290#+ tackle on a smaller QB will take it's toll.

It is political game over the years made more favorable for passing. Troy Aikman commented last week that he wish they had those rules when he was playing.

Won't wait for Craig.

Drew Brees !!! passed Payton tonight as all time passing yards leader.

Not bad for a under 6 foot guy with a bum shoulder let go by the Chargers rest is history.

I thought they would be a contender this year, they need to get their defensive secondary sorted out.

Prediction: uptick in QB wrist/hand injuries by the end of the season.

Why? We'll see more strips... Coaching is already pivoting this way since the roughing rule is so selectively enforced--half the time it's a BS call for a form tackle where the guy lads on the qb but doesn't drive him into the ground.

Look at Khalil Mack--he got the memo--guy's got 5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles, zero roughing the passer.

Won't wait for Craig.

Drew Brees !!! passed Payton tonight as all time passing yards leader.

Not bad for a under 6 foot guy with a bum shoulder let go by the Chargers rest is history.

I thought they would be a contender this year, they need to get their defensive secondary sorted out.
The saints start off slow every year, I’m used to it. We’re 4–1 so far and heading into our bye week so hopefully the defense gets cleaned up a little. That being said we did hold our opponents to under 20 pts back to back weeks so things are looking up. Our entire d line consists of first round picks and it’s finally starting to show. Getting Ingram back could also help the defense out a lot. Brees passing game scores too quickly, Ingram can kill the clock some and give the defense more time to rest.
Nevertheless, after Marcus Williams and Lattimore our secondary is garbage.

That's why I thought the Saints could win the NFC title this year. The D line looks good. Bree's has weapons on offense. Special teams not bad. They have been burned in the secondary. Nov. 4 they play the Rams.

I like the Seattle too. I feel sorry for Wilson doesn't have the team around him when they went back to back SB they should have won the second SB also.

I would like to see Bree's get another one like Eli, Payton, & John Elway. Whatever he is a first round Hall of Fame QB.

Congrats Drew Brees, class act! Wish we had him in Sacksonville. We'd be a lock.

Evidently Jones Drew disagrees.
I disagree with jd. Even though to a certain extent he makes somewhat of point. The argument is overall weak. His stats speak of his greatness. He's the type of player that makes greatness look easy. He's smooth... He's Breesy!

I suppose he was intentionally trying to be provocative. His main critique was that Brees doesn’t possess a “wow” factor. It’s puzzling.
The whole who is the GOAT debate bores me. I don’t think there’s really an argument for one QB to be so much better than the rest. But I do think Brees will go down as the most accurate QB in history.

I suppose he was intentionally trying to be provocative. His main critique was that Brees doesn’t possess a “wow” factor. It’s puzzling.
The whole who is the GOAT debate bores me. I don’t think there’s really an argument for one QB to be so much better than the rest. But I do think Brees will go down as the most accurate QB in history.
Yeah I had to Google it to see what he said. He is definitely one of the greats! The GOAT conversation will always be complicted. In reality, football is still a team sport. Your teammates make a difference.

Exactly right how many successful collage QB's go to pro's on questionable teams & don't even survive it.

Why do you think Brees has so many yards passing. For years the Saints have had below average teams around him. Wilson is a talented QB with a good team they were the best in the NFC. Not now.

To say that he just looks over his little shoulder pads stays in the pocket and throws to the open receivers and has no wow factor is just:confused:

He makes it look easy. It takes a special player to read the whole field as he does. Most QB's now don't stay in the pocket taking off to find an open receiver.

Tom Brady stays in the pocket hops up & down like a bunny rabbit and hits his guys down the field. Brady wouldn't have half his SB's without a kicker named Adam. You have to have a good team around you. Brady is good at making his teammates better.

Brees is one of the best pocket passers to ever play the game and for a short guy deadly accurate;)

i still think the greatest single season by a QB is when rivers back in 2010 threw for nearly 5000 yards with no ladanian tomlinson and gates hurt and a bunch of scrubs to throw the ball to, i think his WR1 was ajirotutu or however you spell it. a player signed off the practice squad.

brees is unbelievable, he still doesnt get the proper respect somehow.

Yeh not LSU, but I catch all the crimson tide games QB from Hawaii.

Looking forward to the Saints Rams see if they can upset their perfect season.

Well Davenport was out. And that rams o line is crazy good. Gurley consistently gets like 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage before he gets touched. Rams receiving core is solid. Goff is overrated. Rams coach has a great football mind.

Well I watched that game thought both teams are very similar. Credit the Saint's offensive line too they did a great job against a Rams D line that has sacked & hurried other QB's this year.

What impressed me about the Saints is last week did not need to score mega points to beat Vikings. This week against the Rams they needed the points and got them. Saint's are a good team best all around talent in quite a few years. They got burned in the secondary but so did the Rams. And Gurley gained yards, but not as much as against other teams. Saints third round draft pick visited the end zone a few times.

The secondary is the Achilles heel. Davenport being out wasn’t devastating, but our secondary is why the saints have to score big against a good passer. The difference is, Brees can burn any secondary if necessary, the saints make anyone look like Brees. Have I mentioned Alvin Kamara? Wow!

Back