NFL 2018 talk

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love watching rugby, but honestly a bit more partial to cricket. Soccer's the main sport I follow.

Rugby Union! All Blacks are pretty awesome to watch.

My favourite spectator sport is also cricket. Not the 2 hour version, mind. I love watching how a test match unfolds (kind of like a story with lots of twists and turns) over 5 days.

Yes the All Blacks are awesome but we'll beat them again one day.... Maybe

But the main winter sport that I watch is Aussie Rules. It is a bit like Gaellic Football but with an oval ball.

And the occasional shirtfront

My favourite spectator sport is also cricket. Not the 2 hour version, mind. I love watching how a test match unfolds (kind of like a story with lots of twists and turns) over 5 days.

Yes the All Blacks are awesome but we'll beat them again one day.... Maybe

But the main winter sport that I watch is Aussie Rules. It is a bit like Gaellic Football but with an oval ball.

And the occasional shirtfront

Difficult to catch Aussie rules on TV here.

Are you an Aussie? My wife's an Aussie—a lot of my friends are Brits, so things get fun during The Ashes! I enjoy following proper Test Cricket, it's a marathon of drama, ebbs and flows—compelling stuff. Still remember watching Lasith Malinga taking four wickets on four balls against SA—that got me hooked.

Australian art at it's finest:

The most unsportsmanlike, shameful moment in Australian sports history—the infamous "Underarm Incident."

Last edited:
Difficult to catch Aussie rules on TV here.

Are you an Aussie? My wife's an Aussie—a lot of my friends are Brits, so things get fun during The Ashes! I enjoy following proper Test Cricket, it's a marathon of drama, ebbs and flows—compelling stuff. Still remember watching Lasith Malinga taking four wickets on four balls against SA—that got me hooked.

Australian art at it's finest:

The most unsportsmanlike, shameful moment in Australian sports history—the infamous "Underarm Incident."

Yup, an Aussie.

Grew up in Melbourne, hence the Aussie rules.

That Gatting ball was so amazing. IIRC, it was what really announced Warne as something special.

The underarm incident was pretty unsportsman-like but probably not as bad as roughing the ball up with sandpaper.

Anyway, getting a bit off topic here, so I might start a new thread:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/index.php?threads/40093/

Last edited:
I'd be absolutely gutted, if my team had suffered losses, like the Saints have over the past two years.

The Saints have been through a lot. Brees is a great quarterback. It would be fitting to see them go the Superbowl and win. Unless its against a team from the Boston area. Even then it would be a win-win.

Jay

Since the Rams/Saints game there's much chatter about expanding what can be reviewed to include pass interference. Does it take major controversy to add reviewable types of plays to the list? Seriously, why can't everything be challenged—i.e. holding; dangerous play like roughing the QB or kicker; spitting (Bill Romanowski)?

From wikipedia—NFL replay system currently only covers the following situations:
  • Scoring plays
  • Pass complete/incomplete/intercepted
  • Runner/receiver out of bounds
  • Recovery of a loose ball in or out of bounds
  • Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player
  • Quarterback pass or fumble
  • Illegal forward pass
  • Forward or backward pass
  • Runner ruled not down by contact
  • Forward progress in regard to a first down
  • Touching of a kick
  • Other plays involving placement of the football
  • Whether a legal number of players is on the field at the time of the snap
  • Ejections
With soccer for instance, there was a ton of resistance to VAR (video assistant referee), people were afraid it would slow down the game, take the human element away. It's now highly valued and excepted, mainly because there's so much money at stake with major games.

Case in point, England's controversial goal against Germany. IMO, is shouldn't have been a goal.

Last edited:
Apparently Bill Belichick for the past few years has been pushing a rule where anything can be challenged. The number of coaches challenges would remain at two.

The talking heads seem to think that the league won't talk about rules changes until the combine.

Jay

woah, those rams offense sucked... Didn't expect that...

Back