NFL PLAYOFFS: What’re you cooking?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DitmasPork

Reaction score
Not sure how many football fans amongst you savvy knife people.

Curious on what’s on the menu for the upcoming playoffs? I’m a 49er fan, taking the day off on Saturday to watch them take on the Seahawks—been one since living in SF when Montana won his first ring—racking my l’il brain figuring out what to make. Thinking either ribs, wings, or goat curry to nosh with a few beers.

What’s your team, and cooking plans?

Dip! Whether it’s a bean dip, buffalo chicken, or something in the Velveeta family. You can make it ahead of time and keep it warm/cold throughout the game. Taco bar is a nice option too if you are having guests.

Lions fan here, with a soft spot for the Niners. Super Bowl XXIV is the first one I remember watching.

I am not a sports watcher. But I do watch One football game a year, the Super Bowl. Feels required of Americans. And for that Sunday it’s always wings, chili, and chips with queso, salsa, and guac. Plus copious amounts of beer, of course.

A lot of niners fans here. Glad to see it. I’m one too. Thankfully the game on Saturday is an earlier game so I’ll be able to watch it. I think I’ll be cooking up wings and lots of dips. Really any kind of finger food is the way to go

Dip! Whether it’s a bean dip, buffalo chicken, or something in the Velveeta family. You can make it ahead of time and keep it warm/cold throughout the game. Taco bar is a nice option too if you are having guests.

Lions fan here, with a soft spot for the Niners. Super Bowl XXIV is the first one I remember watching.
TBH, I had to lookup ‘Super Bowl XXIV’ to refresh my memory—forgotten how much of a blowout the game was!
I’ll be watching solo, so a taco bar would just be me making a taco—no fun. I’m now thinking brick chicken or ribs.
Niner’s have a feel good factor with Brock Purdy doing so unexpectedly well.

Man! I just found this thread. I'm life long niners fan as well and am happy to find that I'm not alone here. Awesome season even though we didn't make it to the superbowl. I'm curious to know what if anything you guys cooked for the superbowl. I made California "Cheesesteak" sliders. Instead of slicing and cooking Ribeye I seared then pressure cooked a chuck roast with Sierra Nevada pale ale, shallot, garlic, beef stock and bay leaf. I made a peppernata and white cheddar mornay to go with the beef and served it on toasted Hawaiian rolls with a horseradish ranch.

Back