Recipe Requested non-meat-centric dinner ideas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tofu fritte

Cut extra firm tofu into French fry sized sticks, roll em in potato starch. Or corn starch

Heat veg oil in skillet or a wok, dose the hot oil with salt and black pepper. After it gets fragrant, cook the sticks for six minutes or so.
A705FFE2-EA0A-4E3B-B7FC-E3C6479B9E6D.jpeg

Last edited:
To the vegetarian and vegan KKFers, tell me the top 5 dinners in your rotation.
To the omnivore KKFers, tell me you favorite non-meat meals that have garnered a regular spot on your rotation.
All, thanks in advance!
Don't feel like you have to post recipes, I'm just looking for ideas. Of course recipes are welcome!
I'm not going vegetarian or vegan, but would like to incorporate more non-meat meals into my regular rotation.
To the vegetarian and vegan KKFers, tell me the top 5 dinners in your rotation.
To the omnivore KKFers, tell me you favorite non-meat meals that have garnered a regular spot on your rotation.
All, thanks in advance!
Don't feel like you have to post recipes, I'm just looking for ideas. Of course recipes are welcome!
I'm not going vegetarian or vegan, but would like to incorporate more non-meat meals into my regular rotation.
Pasta e fagioli

1/2 pound cannellini (white kidney) beans
1/2 pound ceci (garbanzo) beans
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
I large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 pound ripe tomatoes, chopped
(or equivalent canned)
4 cups vegetable broth or more
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 large bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound spaghetti
(broken into 1-inch pieces)

Cover the beans in 3x volume of water at least. Soak the beans overnight in cool water, or boil some water then use it to soak beans for a couple hours. (Suggestion: keep bean types separate until cooked. They can cook at very different rates. I even process different lots of the same type separately for the same reason).

After soaking the beans, drain and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 1 hour or so, until tender but not disintegrated (you may have to add additional boiling water). Combine beans, add the olive oil, garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes and their juice, another 2 cups of water, and the broth. Bring again to a boil. Add the oregano, bay leaves, salt. and pepper. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
Fill another large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and the spaghetti pieces. Cook the spaghetti al dente, drain, and add to the individual servings in soup bowls.

I pretty regularly make a egg fried rice with either a pan fried teriyaki tofu or mapo tofu, depending on what I have lying around in my fridge.

Latest posts

Back