Not the Raquin suji thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of it doesnā€™t rankle me but then came the part where he says he can ā€˜work something outā€™ with anyone hit hard in the restaurant world due to covid. That s*** makes my blood boil. I cooked for 10 years, making $10 an hour for a number of those. I have literally done the dance calculating out the number of weeks and months Iā€™d have to work to afford a knife on top of rent etc. To inflate your prices in the same breath as saying you have 100 knives and try to pass a ā€˜dealā€™ onto a group of people who by in large have a different and vulnerable mix of passion/real and perceived need/and disposable income if I can generalize for my people is tone deaf at best and deplorable at worst. The person most likely to get caught up in this is the greenest, least secure/compensated, and thus most vulnerable cooks in the restaurant world, the ones the real community here focuses on when PIF threads come up. To try to profit off of that group of people, here? In short, f*** this guy.

Last edited:
In any case, I am happy with the BST rules and moderation and the alert members we have. Above all, to me it reflects how we want to interact as a community with courtesy and good faith. I am grateful for this transparent and knowledgeable market place.
I would tend to agree, except for the recent rule allowing Supporting Members to participate without a time or post count as it was before. BST was a privilege for somewhat active members. People now may behave like Vendors without paying for it and, more important, being recognisable as such. Transparency would benefit if the old rule were restored.

If I were a slightly less good person than I actually am, I would post the following ad on BST:

SHENZHEN KNIFE FACTORY Suji "a la Francaise"

This is one of my favorite blades stamped out in SHENZHEN KNIFE FACTORY, it literally put a smile on my face every time I pick it up (2 times total) and the feeling is spot on.

Someone who likes the many stampings of SHENZHEN KNIFE FACTORY is going to really enjoy this blade as this is an insanely sexy blade made on an insanely sexy automated assembly line:

Used once to slice meat. Did not go well. Never been either sharpened. That would not go well either.

Ship CONUS on me.
EU letā€™s discuss.

Only $17,500.00 $19,000.00 <-- Price rise because I resent everyone who reads this.

If I were a slightly less good person than I actually am, I would post the following ad on BST:

This is one of my favorite blades stamped out in SHENZHEN KNIFE FACTORY, it literally put a smile on my face every time I pick it up (2 times total) and the feeling is spot on.

Someone who likes the many stampings of SHENZHEN KNIFE FACTORY is going to really enjoy this blade as this is an insanely sexy blade made on an insanely sexy automated assembly line:

Used once to slice meat. Did not go well. Never been either sharpened. That would not go well either.

Ship CONUS on me.
EU letā€™s discuss.

Only $17,500.00 $19,000.00 <-- Price rise because I resent everyone who reads this.

I will buy this.

Ship CONUS on me.
EU letā€™s discuss.

PM Sent

Ship CONUS on me.
EU letā€™s discuss.

So, the massdrop will be from SHENZHEN? šŸ§

can we at least post this link on the BTS thread lol??? Just kidding I know it will just get deleted and a very angry admin will suddenly appear and ban me

Under the latest B/S/T guidelines, Supporting Members will still have time and post count requirements waived.
Wondering why this rule hasn't been reconsidered.
After Jose Martinez asked every question under the sun, the mods were like there has got to be an easier way for them to sell šŸ¤Ŗ

390722F0-AF75-46E1-9452-806AE676AF57.jpeg

Well since my comment about taking offers from people living on Earth was edited.. how about that 1st gen Kamon production knife (which Benjamin put out to be a more affordable alternative to his reasonably priced forged customs) on the market for exponentially more than the original price? I know people can set the price to whatever they want and simple economics will dictate if it sells, but thereā€™s something almost cartoonish when you put up a price to justify [to yourself] letting go of a knife [you are choosing to sell].

Back