Nothing more satisfying than ...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star

Reaction score
... taking a new knife that OOTB is nothing spectacular and then shaving the hair off your wrist test, or gliding it through a tomato telling you how uber sharp you managed to get too. Just completed a Victorinox Fibrox 8’ chefs knife and a Victorinox Fibrox 30cm slicer for my folks. Insane what a bit of time on 3 Naniwa stones can do.

those victorinoxes gets very sharp. I once accidentally cut my finger almost to the bone with one. didn't even feel it. no kidding. i think i had a 4k edge on it.

I forget the alloy Vics steel is but I think is close to Krupp 4116. Takes a decent edge, but soft temper compared to a wusty Ikon, I found the latter to take a hair whittling edge better. I'd take both to 6K+.

I forget the alloy Vics steel is but I think is close to Krupp 4116. Takes a decent edge, but soft temper compared to a wusty Ikon, I found the latter to take a hair whittling edge better. I'd take both to 6K+.

The owner of my work has an Ikon. He was finishing it on a fine India. One day i offered to sharpen it on my King 1k/6k. He now he wants it finished to 6k all the time. :cool:

Back